• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood's chance to say bye to Southend United's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Echo

The News
FREDDY Eastwood will be given the chance to say farewell to Southend United in the club’s pre-season friendly against Ipswich Town.

More...

I think this is good and props to those involved for sorting this out. I'll be doing what I can to get to that one.

i think this is a nice touch and will proberly improve attendence as people want to see Freddy in Southend Blue one last time

A nice gesture ..but ridiculous at the same time.

The team is supposed to be preparing to mount a promotion challenge. Pointless to give Freddy a game.

He did very little in his second spell .. so in one sense he had a large number of cameo "farewell's".

The team is supposed to be preparing to mount a promotion challenge. Pointless to give Freddy a game.

He did very little in his second spell .. so in one sense he had a large number of cameo "farewell's".

But, for maybe a 10-20 minute slot for Fred, it will put more bums on seats!

Blatant commercial decision to get more people to attend the match. Hardly the best way to prepare for the forthcoming season. Might as well give Maher a run out whilst we are about it so we can say goodbye and hello again to him as well.

Freddy has gone, Get over it.

We have enough "trialists" generally filling gaps in friendlies that will never sign for us....I can't see how giving Eastwood a run out is going to derail our promotion masterplan?

Whilst I think it was the right decision not to renew Freddy's contract, I see no harm in the Club making this gesture. I think Freddy will only play for 30 mins as he can't manage any more and this will not disrupt pre-season IMO as we normally have half a dozen games.

I think it's a nice chance for him to thank Mick McCarthy for everything he did for him as well :winking:

Supposing Freddy gets a new club before then? They wont be to keen for him to risk injury playing for another team.

Supposing Freddy gets a new club before then? They wont be to keen for him to risk injury playing for another team.

Rumours are that he will be playing for a local non league side, I never did think the Plymouth rumour had any substance to it. The game is what motivates Freddy, not the money.

Will the rest of the 2006 squad be making an appearance? Could we get Tilly to manage for the day? Will Paul Mariner be guesting for Ipswich?

Why not allow every promotion winning team a kick about so the fans can give them all a proper send off and Defo bring out Tilson and Brush they certainly deserve a good send off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back