• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood's chance to say bye to Southend United's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people really getting this worked up over who does or doesn't appear in a ****ing pre-season friendly? We could field a strike partnership of Timmy Mallet and Salvo the Clown and I doubt I could care less. Label them as trialists and I doubt anybody here would be able to tell the difference.

Agreed.
So play a trialist. Not a has been.

Look. Freddy was fantastic - FIRST time around.
The reality of the second spell? By all accounts he was the highest paid employee of Southend United Football Club and all that money could and should have been spent on the best player in the squad. It was paid to a player that did not play much, did not score many goals and quite frankly - was a waste of the large salary.

Everyone has had eight years to say thanks for 2006. It is 2014 and the last 18 months we may as well have flushed the largest single wage - down the toilet.

Happy memories of Freddy when he was King. But that was years ago. This is now embarrassing. We are feting a player that failed dismally at Wolves, Coventry City and then us.
Tell me that is not ridiculous!!

I feel your pain as the very idea smacks at Sunday football or money grabbing,Some of the darlings on here are very very blinkered.

I feel your pain as the very idea smacks at Sunday football or money grabbing,Some of the darlings on here are very very blinkered.

Of course it's money grabbing, the club needs the money! As for your last comment and others that are getting almost hysterical on here, get a life!

So if you guys are out, can you stop commenting? We know your opinion, we've had it forced down our throats in some cases. :sad:

Not really convinced by this idea, but if Brown feels like it's a good thing to do then in him we trust. Some extra cash won't hurt, but personally I think Freddy has had ample appreciation over the past couple of seasons for a fairly modest return when he's been fit. He's a legend, but it's time to move on and this pre-season is crucial so we can add the quality required to build on what is a decent squad and get us out this ****ing league.

So if you guys are out, can you stop commenting? We know your opinion, we've had it forced down our throats in some cases. :sad:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they go to the game or not. You aren't going to any games at the world cup but you still post in the world cup forum

Me too.. I'll give it a swerve and go to the QPR friendly the next day
I'm giving them both the swerve. I am holding a 3 day festival of remembrance for the SUFC career of Jean-Paul Kalala....it's going to be emotional, but it just seems the right thing to do.

I'm giving them both the swerve. I am holding a 3 day festival of remembrance for the SUFC career of Jean-Paul Kalala....it's going to be emotional, but it just seems the right thing to do.

I heard he was making a cameo for Yeovil in a pre-season friendly so the Yeovil fans can thank him

It seems this Freddy goodbye game has really ruined some people's summer lol.

Please explain what you mean by darlings and blinkered. You seem totally convinced that there are zero positives to this idea and that it is going to seriously negative ly impact our season do please explain why ? And why you are at it explain why it is money grabbing and why that is a bad thing. Surely if you are sooooo right less supporters will go rather than more, and it's not like we need any extra cash is it?

Please explain what you mean by darlings and blinkered. You seem totally convinced that there are zero positives to this idea and that it is going to seriously negative ly impact our season do please explain why ? And why you are at it explain why it is money grabbing and why that is a bad thing. Surely if you are sooooo right less supporters will go rather than more, and it's not like we need any extra cash is it?

Right or wrong it's no big deal,I won't go and certainly will not urge anyone else not to go.

Only opinions count on here not follow the sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back