• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood's chance to say bye to Southend United's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if he even plays !

The for/against is many more than you suggest BUT it's a free world and if you or others want to go then that is great,I would have thought Fred playing against lesser opponents such as Wakering/Billericay and the like would have been more fitting as he will have better chance of scoring and more importantly the Ipswich game could easily be very close then Fred comes on we get busted and paying customers go home happy or annoyed..You decide.
Anyone who has even a tiny amount of knowledge about the game does not go home annoyed when losing a pre-season friendly, jesus give me strength :hilarious:

Anyone who has even a tiny amount of knowledge about the game does not go home annoyed when losing a pre-season friendly, jesus give me strength :hilarious:

Maybe you don't but I have seen many disgruntled fans who actually take the game very serious and get the hump.

In fairness without his early season goals we wouldn't have made the play offs.

All hail the messiah then. I knew Freddy was the saviour. Without so many other players performances all season, we would have been way outside the play offs. Maybe if Freddy had performed like the majority of the squad, we would have got automatic promotion

Any player who had given 5 years with us deserves a chance to say goodbye in my book.

This is the whole point. He had a great send off at the end of his first spell. Why does he need a second send off? Will Corr get a cameo in a pre-season friendly when he moves on?

The past is the past, we need to accept Freddy had a good send off the first time, he shouldn't need another one

All hail the messiah then. I knew Freddy was the saviour. Without so many other players performances all season, we would have been way outside the play offs. Maybe if Freddy had performed like the majority of the squad, we would have got automatic promotion

Excellent reply,

ooh andy ansah is a very funny poster don't you know.

This thread.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

This is the whole point. He had a great send off at the end of his first spell. Why does he need a second send off? Will Corr get a cameo in a pre-season friendly when he moves on?

The past is the past, we need to accept Freddy had a good send off the first time, he shouldn't need another one
The King Billy Best scored two goals on his last game at Roots Hall against Chesterfield and one goal in his last away game for Southend against Rochdale and was gone , there was no send off for Billy .

Anyway why don't you all lighten up and watch this......

[video=youtube;zcAj3UWxuzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAj3UWxuzI[/video]

I can't believe that this thread is still going. As someone who frankly doesn't buy all this Freddie adulation stuff, I have decided not to go to his farcical farewell appearance but that is my decision and it should be respected. Likewise I respect those who feel that they want to pay homage to him for one last time. But the bickering on this thread is unbelievable. Surely it is time for the mods to draw a line underneath and discuss something far more important, like who is going to Accrington?

When did he have a good send off, I don't remember one? As was said earlier, he was pretty much injured at that time. There wasn't a lot to celebrate that season with relegation from the Championship so I doubt he had a "good" send off.

When did he have a good send off, I don't remember one? As was said earlier, he was pretty much injured at that time. There wasn't a lot to celebrate that season with relegation from the Championship so I doubt he had a "good" send off.

Some things never change :whistling:

I think we're all missing the main point here....stop bickering about whether Fred should play or not, who cares...friendlies are dirge anyway. Either go or don't go.

For me the main concern is which side is Kevin O'Callaghan going to play for. Is it possible both sets of fans can show their appreciation if he's in the Southend side?...Ipswich and Southend fans I imagine will be travelling across the globe in their hordes to give him that final send off, and will they be happy if he turns out for the other side? Maybe he can play a half for either side, but then that means he will mainly be at one end/side of the pitch and not everyone will be able to pay their respects at such close quarters, there could be a riot. I don't think it's been thought through.

I have just been in touch with Billy but he is unable to make the Ipswich Town match due to holidays, however he would be delighted to play in the opening league match at Accrington Stanley as this is one of the few grounds that he did not play at in his footballing career. This is subject to him being fit or selected, a cameo role for the last twenty minutes would be fine as his fitness levels just ain't what they were in his prime as well that he is now approaching 71 years of age.

I can't believe that this thread is still going. As someone who frankly doesn't buy all this Freddie adulation stuff, I have decided not to go to his farcical farewell appearance but that is my decision and it should be respected. Likewise I respect those who feel that they want to pay homage to him for one last time. But the bickering on this thread is unbelievable. Surely it is time for the mods to draw a line underneath and discuss something far more important, like who is going to Accrington?

Absolutely this, pleeeaaassseee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back