• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United heading back to Spain for pre-season training

Team bonding can be done in Bognor, Bridlington or Burnham. This is just a jolly and its about time they got success before they get the reward!

Team bonding can be done in Bognor, Bridlington or Burnham. This is just a jolly and its about time they got success before they get the reward!

Also be done in sunny Southend:smile:

Being fair they should have all gone to Vegas for serious bonding,Ron could have paid the entire costs including a 2k tab per person for gambling,Phil could have been first off Skyjump which is only 1100 ft controlled jump,Ron could have sang in one of the bars "I did it my way" whilst the lads could have gone for a hike in the desert!

:finger2::winking:

Isn't a trip to Spain "without playing a match against anyone" just a holiday ?

I'm going to Portugal in August and 'not playing anyone' either and mine is defo a holiday !

With insure and go pulling out, who's paying most of the load this time ?????

I guess the fact that they are going means that the Club has the funds to cover it. They must have made some money out of the play-off pot share out.

could be put to better use. I think the idea of these trips improving our chances in the season is mostly in the head and mind. we all know what happens when injuries kick in ( having a small squad) and when a lengthy bad run sets in. these tours don't prevent that these are 2 out of 3 key necessities

could be put to better use. I think the idea of these trips improving our chances in the season is mostly in the head and mind. we all know what happens when injuries kick in ( having a small squad) and when a lengthy bad run sets in. these tours don't prevent that these are 2 out of 3 key necessities

As long as its in the heads and minds of the players then that's a good thing.

Phill Brown clearly thinks they have benefit and I don't know why people are complaining about it, thought we would want the team to have every chance of starting the season well.

Moaning ? Where does it benefit us? Team Spirit? Not bad as it has been before but ultimately we remain in L2. when we clinched our last 2 promotion did we need tours leading up to those successes? again repeat, its in the mind that tours are o great benefit

Again what I say above is factual and not moaning. since tours started it hasn't benefited us to the ultimate prize, Promotion. We remain in L2. Our last 2 promotions, did we require tours leading up to those 2 successes? No. All this stuff about these trips boosting us no-end is in the head. Again I ask, who is footing the bill? Surely the Club can't cover it wholly. I'm assuming insure and go aren't assisting as they no longer wanted to be a part of us. why? Money better spent elsewhere. Not moaning but factual

Perhaps we've found the warchest underneath the travel brochures. Joking aside, I won't be best pleased if we end up owing HMRC in the near future, yet we've got funds for this..

Again what I say above is factual and not moaning. since tours started it hasn't benefited us to the ultimate prize, Promotion. We remain in L2. Our last 2 promotions, did we require tours leading up to those 2 successes? No. All this stuff about these trips boosting us no-end is in the head. Again I ask, who is footing the bill? Surely the Club can't cover it wholly. I'm assuming insure and go aren't assisting as they no longer wanted to be a part of us. why? Money better spent elsewhere. Not moaning but factual

not factual- an opinion . The only factual part is that we didn't go on tour on the promotion seasons. That proves nothing,

Back