• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
I lcould not quite work out what he was getting at .He stated that we have an Amount of players today and we have got to have the same amount come Aug the 9th .Now reading between the lines is he saying the money dictates how many players we have in the squad . Or like last season we were only allowed to have 20 players signed to the club because of an Embargo .Now im not saying we are under one again but maybe someone can find out why it is we have only brought two players in this summer is it Ropn saying we cant afford it or is the club not telling all again .

I think most clubs with a tight budget don't do a lot before July 1st as many are still under contract until end June and we would be effectively paying them earlier than we need to.
i am sure some business will be done in the next two weeks , but money constraints or not , I think we have a basic 9-10 first team players in place and don't think we need a major overhaul

I reckon he was simply commenting about keeping players injury free during the pre season build up. Nothing more nothing less. But of course money is always going to dictate how many players you have in the squad. Same for every side.

We aren't in a reserve league, I believe PB doesn't want any passengers who won't be pushing for the side; and 20 ought to be enough. Barry Fry liked to have 40 but what was the point of that.
And there will be loanees added to that too; my guess is a few youngsters are already being lined up and negotiated for.

20 players! Madness isn't it. Jumpers as goal posts, young men passing the ball, shot, goal! You go get the ball now.

I wonder where Auger fits in all of this - isn't he supposed to be back for pre-season training but without a club?

Under financial fair play rules there will be x amount of money available. With a squad of 20 players they should be of a higher quality than a squad of 40 players.

Back