• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nibali gets me the place money for the KOM punt. Pretty close to winning it too - damn you Majka, you winker.

The TT could have made my Tejay van Garderen each way bet a bit interestring had he not had such a 'mare earlier this week.

How will Froome do at La Vuelta?
I don't think he would enter if he didn't think he could win it.

He is justifiably one of the favourites. Giro winner Nairo Quintana looks the likeliest victor, but Froome is a proven a grand tour contender and has a great chance. Lots of brutal mountain top finishes, should be a cracking race.

Although of far more (financial) interest to me is how Nacer Bohuanni does in the points competition....

He is justifiably one of the favourites. Giro winner Nairo Quintana looks the likeliest victor, but Froome is a proven a grand tour contender and has a great chance. Lots of brutal mountain top finishes, should be a cracking race.

Although of far more (financial) interest to me is how Nacer Bohuanni does in the points competition....

Don't overly fancy Bouhanni in that. This isn't a sprinters' parcours combined with it being equal points for a mountain top finish as a flat finish. I think it'll be a puncheur-y climber in the ilk of a JRod or Valverde. But maybe Sagan, Degenkolb and Matthews take enough points off them on the flatter uphill finishes to let a purer sprinter win the points. The other thing is how many of them are going to complete this and aren't going to finish early to prepare for the World Champs

Obviously I said something similar for the Tour KoM and I think you won that (chapeau). There might be value in a e/w bet as I do rate him and had him as my sprinter in my first attempt at velogames team for this year's Vuelta, before dropping him for someone cheaper and beefing up on GC contenders instead.

Don't overly fancy Bouhanni in that. This isn't a sprinters' parcours combined with it being equal points for a mountain top finish as a flat finish. I think it'll be a puncheur-y climber in the ilk of a JRod or Valverde. But maybe Sagan, Degenkolb and Matthews take enough points off them on the flatter uphill finishes to let a purer sprinter win the points. The other thing is how many of them are going to complete this and aren't going to finish early to prepare for the World Champs

Obviously I said something similar for the Tour KoM and I think you won that (chapeau). There might be value in a e/w bet as I do rate him and had him as my sprinter in my first attempt at velogames team for this year's Vuelta, before dropping him for someone cheaper and beefing up on GC contenders instead.

He's certainly not among the favourites but a bit big at the prices (I got 33/1). Might just sneak a place but as you rightly say, the way points are given out in Vuelta plays much more in to the hands of the GC contenders. One bookmaker was offering 14/1 on Quintana to win every jersey!

Re Sagan, I have read that he is just using the Vuelta as a warm up for the Worlds, but haven't actually seen a direct quote from him on that.

Warm one today - around 40C....

He's certainly not among the favourites but a bit big at the prices (I got 33/1). Might just sneak a place but as you rightly say, the way points are given out in Vuelta plays much more in to the hands of the GC contenders. One bookmaker was offering 14/1 on Quintana to win every jersey!

Re Sagan, I have read that he is just using the Vuelta as a warm up for the Worlds, but haven't actually seen a direct quote from him on that.

Warm one today - around 40C....

You fancy your man today? Think there's a slightly longer climber today for him before the sprint.

I never know who is riding properly and who is training.

And on that note, not only did I have Bouhanni in my original team (who would have been a decent selection) I also at one stage had Carlos Betancur. Fortunately I sobered up before I submitted it.

It must be the Wiggins sideburns that give me a soft-spot for talented riders soft-pedalling it, enjoying a year off.

You fancy your man today? Think there's a slightly longer climber today for him before the sprint.

I never know who is riding properly and who is training.

And on that note, not only did I have Bouhanni in my original team (who would have been a decent selection) I also at one stage had Carlos Betancur. Fortunately I sobered up before I submitted it.

It must be the Wiggins sideburns that give me a soft-spot for talented riders soft-pedalling it, enjoying a year off.

It'll be tricky for him today - he is definitely one of the favourites, but this is a stage almost set up for other teams to work hard and take the opportunity away from him.

Huge stage for his points jersey aspirations (if he has them!) as even though it's not a classic sprint stage, it's definitely one that would need to be on his radar.

Carlos Betancur :smile:

10/10 for originality to whoever named this climb. It's a 14% climb you see, so it has been called - Alto del Catorce por Ciento (14% Climb).

Genius.

Horrid day for Quintana - this Vuelta is Contador's to lose now, while my e/w punt on Rigoberto Uran Uran Uran Uran Uran may have some life in it yet!

Tour of Britain finished at Brighton today, I do wish our council would get a major race or other sporting event back in town.

Tour of Britain finished at Brighton today, I do wish our council would get a major race or other sporting event back in town.

A stage finished here in Hemel on Friday. Created a really good buzz around the town and also the TV pictures hid only showed the nice areas :smile:

Not sure what the model is here in the UK for staging cycle races, but for the Tour de France, towns and villages have to pay quite a bit to the race organisers, so any council has to make a judgment call on whether it would pay. Hemel did get some new bins out of it as well I might add...

Back