• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been past there in last hour no workmen nor equipment to be seen. Again, Would have thought Ron would have released a communication on this to claim some sort of heroism

Unless you are part of the consultancy team tendering the project then I have no idea on Earth how you could know that...

I should add, neither Contractor you mention are obvious candidates to deliver a stadium scheme - I can name you 10 other Contractors who would be ahead in the queue.

Unless you are part of the consultancy team tendering the project then I have no idea on Earth how you could know that...

what's your expert view on this mate? surprising? normal? just a load of bollocks?

Well as the S106 has not even been agreed, it cannot be anything noteworthy other than perhaps further surveys for rare crested newts....

Work proper cannot begin until this is sorted.

Well as the S106 has not even been agreed, it cannot be anything noteworthy other than perhaps further surveys for rare crested newts....

I fear you are right Mr Smiffy. A local political councillor of my area said to me exactly the same thing about that s106 agreement. as said not long ago, not a jot of anybody or anything there when I went past. if it was to do with FF would think they'd have been there longer

And spoken to the formentioned councillor in last few mins, he knows nothing about this from this morning

I should add, neither Contractor you mention are obvious candidates to deliver a stadium scheme - I can name you 10 other Contractors who would be ahead in the queue.

I'm not sure we are likely to go for the most obvious. More likely the most desperate. My guess would be someone looking to break into this type of work who'd be willing to go cheaper to bolster their CV.

That looks pacey and hungry, mrsblue worth a trial ?

:smile:

I'm not sure we are likely to go for the most obvious. More likely the most desperate. My guess would be someone looking to break into this type of work who'd be willing to go cheaper to bolster their CV.

:smile:

Not strictly true, because the company I represent could deliver the stadium for significantly cheaper than most general Contractors and I haven't even had the common courtesy of a rejection response.
No company will go into this job purely for kudos purposes - you'll want to wash your face at the very least, and the principle players in the stadium construction sector will all know roughly what benchmark costings the others use when pricing these types of jobs, so I very much doubt you'll see an unknown quantity pick up this scale of project.

And spoken to the formentioned councillor in last few mins, he knows nothing about this from this morning

Why would he?

Its very likely that whoever was there had nothing to do with Fossetts and Councillors will know whether planning has been agreed, but they arent going to know the micro details of when certain contractors are going to be visiting the site.

Not strictly true, because the company I represent could deliver the stadium for significantly cheaper than most general Contractors and I haven't even had the common courtesy of a rejection response.
No company will go into this job purely for kudos purposes - you'll want to wash your face at the very least, and the principle players in the stadium construction sector will all know roughly what benchmark costings the others use when pricing these types of jobs, so I very much doubt you'll see an unknown quantity pick up this scale of project.
Would you really want to recommend your company takes on RM as a client ? Doubt you would be the most popular person with the accounts department :nope:

what's your expert view on this mate? surprising? normal? just a load of bollocks?

I may be well versed on the stadium construction sector mate, but to be perfectly frank, I became so bored of the false dawns on FF, that I have effectively lost track of where we currently lie.

If I was a betting man, I'd suggest that the Club are holding fire on making a final decision on Contractor selection until such time as the S106 financial commitment can be accurately ascertained and appropriate timescales for delivery agreed.

Furthermore, I'd expect that the Contractors allegedly seen working in and around the FF site are either Council appointed (and possibly undertaking project related survey works), or are sub-contractors forming part of the shortlisted Principle Contractors respective teams, and are inspecting the site to refine their cost submissions - that would make more sense to me, as I suspect Ron will be getting the shortlisted Contractors to implement a thorough 'Value Engineering' exercise (effectively cutting out any unnecessary waste in the overall design) to further reduce the proposed contract sums. The obvious way to do this....get your proposed sub-contractors to re-visit the site and re-submit their various quotations based on reduced scopes of work.

Would you really want to recommend your company takes on RM as a client ? Doubt you would be the most popular person with the accounts department :nope:

That is what construction contracts are for my friend, and a decent Project Manager should be able to administer that contract to mitigate the risk of non-payment and fully understand how and when to implement legal remedies in said contract to deal with that unfortunate situation.

Back