• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If work was starting don't you all think Ronald would be lapping up the attention?

Sounds like bull sheet to me.

Just spoke to Ron. It's not the stadium which is being built but one of his sons archaeology projects in his spare time.

Anyone else just skim through 8 pages and ignore everything apart from what Sherif had to say?

Southend Pier is the man in the know. That is all.

You have seen my invitation to shimper and jam_man. the invite extends to you too. I didn't claim to be in the full know only to say a senior person among the Council knew nothing about this. Whether that's bending the truth somewhat I don't know but, with his permission, I put forward what he said on here. very very simple isn't t.

Not necessarily - depends on how the project has been procured. You may find that ground conditions risks have been weighted toward the Contractor, or, more likely, that previous Local Authority geophysical and geotechnical data has been used during the pre-contract design phase, and further, more intrusive survey work is now required to supplement and confirm this existing data.

I'd suggest that given the site location (i.e. Essex...near the Thames Estuary) 90% of the development will be on piles anyway, but further investigation may be needed to ascertain the most appropriate size and type of pile.

If the above is the case, the shortlisted/preferred Contractors may have placed provisional sums into their contract price relating to the groundworks - this would simply allow negotiations and design to progress unabated whilst a more specific price for that portion of the works was formulated. Quite common practice.

So before it's even built, the stadium is suffering from a touch of the old chalfonts. Fantastic.

The council hearing at Rochford was so long a go that things have probably got more than a mite jumbled in my head but didn't Rochford B.C make it a condition of their agreement that when work did start, the training pitches had to be done first? And as they are going to be over on their side of the site ...

Let's hope Galldris are better at construction than website design. So it would seem the Sutton Road crop circles are a portent of good news then! Perhaps Ron constructed them as signs from the skies.

We know that people at the club come on the zone. Ronald Martin please make a statement. Good bad or ugly atleast give us the truth.

Ok this is what I have found out by going on the Rochford Distict council site planning . Smithers farm Proposed Drainage Works a surface water Attenenuation pond servingNorth /southsection of NewFossets farm link Road and proposed Adjoining development together with Associated Drainage connections . Site location pond to the east of smithers chase Sutton road Rochford Application Lansbury Retail LTD this was refused but if you look it was passed in 2013 this may answer all your questions .If you need to know more go on ROCHFORD DISTRICT PLANNING SITE .

Ok this is what I have found out by going on the Rochford Distict council site planning . Smithers farm Proposed Drainage Works a surface water Attenenuation pond servingNorth /southsection of NewFossets farm link Road and proposed Adjoining development together with Associated Drainage connections . Site location pond to the east of smithers chase Sutton road Rochford Application Lansbury Retail LTD this was refused but if you look it was passed in 2013 this may answer all your questions .If you need to know more go on ROCHFORD DISTRICT PLANNING SITE .

In plain english does that mean this whole thing is not blues related.

Works servicing new link road and proposed adjacent development?
Is their another reason for a new Fossets Farm link road to be built? Doesn't sound something small?
Is their another adjacent development?
If no to both the above then perhaps early stages

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Winston S Churchill talking about Southend's proposed move to Fossets. It really feels it's been that long!

Whereabouts were these cars? I drove down from Waitrose to Sutton Road and didnt see anything. Then I didnt even see a road like in the picture so clearly not looking in the right place!
I could not see anything when I drove down at 11.30am. Must have been a mirage due to heat.

I think you will find that if you read it Lansbury retail has something to do with Ron . so A short answer is YES . And if you bothered to go and look for yourselfs you would see it is linked to planning of Fossets farm .

I for one will be gutted to see Roots hall go, i have been going since a young lad, and will miss it, i really couldn't care less about some fancy ponsy ground, roots hall is great little traditional ground and it breaks my heart to think that one day that there will be a bloody sainsburys where roots hall once stood:sad:

I could not see anything when I drove down at 11.30am. Must have been a mirage due to heat.

It was a site meeting. The suits were gone by 1130am. Galldris diggers are still there this morning. Hope the travellers don't find out -may not be there tomorrow morning!

Back