• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is what construction contracts are for my friend, and a decent Project Manager should be able to administer that contract to mitigate the risk of non-payment and fully understand how and when to implement legal remedies in said contract to deal with that unfortunate situation.

Nice one. I doubt this is the first project where a contractor might have to deal with a less than perfect developer!:smile:

Nice one. I doubt this is the first project where a contractor might have to deal with a less than perfect developer!:smile:

Mate - no project I have ever worked on (and I have been involved in more than 10 stadium and/or grandstand builds in the last 10 years) has ever gone absolutely without issue. Where Clients are spending multi-millions of pounds, there are invariably going to be some disagreements over the project delivery and particularly how much money is paid when....

Why would he?

Its very likely that whoever was there had nothing to do with Fossetts and Councillors will know whether planning has been agreed, but they arent going to know the micro details of when certain contractors are going to be visiting the site.

Trust me, he would have friends and colleagues in that field. he would know somehow.

Kind of like the Oracle in the Matrix ?

Could you ask him when we are moving into Dagenhams ground?

Ask him yourself. Do you know him or his friens? I do. And he has them in that line of work if not directly in it himself.

Kind of like the Oracle in the Matrix ?

Could you ask him when we are moving into Dagenhams ground?

furthermore I have said what he thinks on here, with his permission, and it is for you to judge it. if you judge against it then that's up to you. Judge against it, then ask him yourself. If you know him, and I do, then please do ask him

I am sparing with the amount of hope I wish to expend on the possibility FF has at last seen some progress. I would like to know though who the main contenders for the development would be. I re-read the Echo article http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11041575.Developer_of_Southend_United_new_stadium_to_be_chosen/ which eluded to the selection of a developer and I wonder how much say RM has in it. He states that he and Sainsburys have whittled down the applicants and the chosen developer will also build the supermarket. I cant see Sainsburys giving RM the choice of developer of one of their stores.

I remember someone posting years ago a bloke with a clipboard was down there and that was a sign. These guys may have been doing something to do with Fossetts, or may have been totally unrelated.

As Ive not heard anything from the club, or Southend Piers ' kind of neighbour' I wont get too excited this time.

I am sparing with the amount of hope I wish to expend on the possibility FF has at last seen some progress. I would like to know though who the main contenders for the development would be. I re-read the Echo article http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11041575.Developer_of_Southend_United_new_stadium_to_be_chosen/ which eluded to the selection of a developer and I wonder how much say RM has in it. He states that he and Sainsburys have whittled down the applicants and the chosen developer will also build the supermarket. I cant see Sainsburys giving RM the choice of developer of one of their stores.

There are a small handful of Contractors out there who have existing relationships with Supermarkets, where a similar land swap type of deal involving a stadium has been present. I won't name any names, but if you do your research you can quite easily dig out the main contenders even without any prior knowledge of the industry.

There are a small handful of Contractors out there who have existing relationships with Supermarkets, where a similar land swap type of deal involving a stadium has been present. I won't name any names, but if you do your research you can quite easily dig out the main contenders even without any prior knowledge of the industry.

Will do :thumbsup:

I remember someone posting years ago a bloke with a clipboard was down there and that was a sign. These guys may have been doing something to do with Fossetts, or may have been totally unrelated.

As Ive not heard anything from the club, or Southend Piers ' kind of neighbour' I wont get too excited this time.

Quite simply, Similar to what I said to shrimper, Lets meet up for a coffee and I shall speak with you about my friends/mentor for my future role in my work. you partly dispute this, wrongly, so let me right some wrongs. Only fair.

On the down side construction costs have and are still climbing rapidly at the moment, the longer it takes to appoint a contractor or at least tie them down, the more expensive the dream is going to become

I may add righting the wrong in your disputing of my mentors etc

They are very much still there. I have just driven past.

They are working next to and behind the little cottage (Smithers Farm?) and there are a number of small diggers and a truck on-site.

Looks like they are doing some clearance work and putting up some sort of fencing in the area where the training ground will be, on Rochford Council land.

Making ready the plant access routes perhaps?

On the down side construction costs have and are still climbing rapidly at the moment, the longer it takes to appoint a contractor or at least tie them down, the more expensive the dream is going to become

On the up side the value of the flats at f/farm and r/hall will be higher.

Back