• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quite simply, Similar to what I said to shrimper, Lets meet up for a coffee and I shall speak with you about my friends/mentor for my future role in my work. you partly dispute this, wrongly, so let me right some wrongs. Only fair.

Too many cliques on this forum now.
'Lets meet up for a coffee' ........... what about the rest of us ?
It's getting more like the WI every day.
More attacks and counter attacks on spelling is what we want , not cosy coffee mornings !

Admitedly didn't spot this. but a certain influential friend have spoke about knows nothing of this being related to FF. And his colleagues in the development section have not told him anything new. Of Course mr Jam will dspute this, Whch is why I 've asked to meet him to constructively right his wrong judgment

With your sources over the last 12 months you have hinted at wages not being paid last preseason and moving to Dagenham. Neither happened so I dont list you as one of our reliable sources I am afraid.

What wrong is it you would like me to wrong?

That your next door neighbour knows the ins and out of every micro level of the project because he works at the council?

If you are so certain nothing is happening because of what he said why are you driving past to have a look!?

Too many cliques on this forum now.
'Lets meet up for a coffee' ........... what about the rest of us ?
It's getting more like the WI every day.
More attacks and counter attacks on spelling is what we want , not cosy coffee mornings !

Do you think I should open up a dating forum? :dim: Ok I know off topic.

Why do you need diggers to do surveys?

You build from below ground up; lots of pipes, cables etc are underground and need sorting first(ish).
Surprisingly many older utility works are not properly recorded on plans etc and can be the source of much added expence and delays.

You build from below ground up; lots of pipes, cables etc are underground and need sorting first(ish).
Surprisingly many older utility works are not properly recorded on plans etc and can be the source of much added expence and delays.

Makes sense I guess, although its always been farmland there hasnt it?

The pitch is lower than ground level isnt it so that would certainly save some time.

They are very much still there. I have just driven past.

They are working next to and behind the little cottage (Smithers Farm?) and there are a number of small diggers and a truck on-site.

Looks like they are doing some clearance work and putting up some sort of fencing in the area where the training ground will be, on Rochford Council land.

Making ready the plant access routes perhaps?

Did you stop and ask what they were doing?

Do you think I should open up a dating forum? :dim: Ok I know off topic.

I think you would be crazy not to think about it.
There are so many obvious 'married couple' on here already.
( i.e. they hate each other and spend the whole time bickering over rubbish )

I think you would be crazy not to think about it.
There are so many obvious 'married couple' on here already.
( i.e. they hate each other and spend the whole time bickering over rubbish )

There's Barna Blue and Mrs Blue for starters.

Sherif - your thoughts on whether these are the types of vehicles that would be on-site?

Out of interest, why didn't you take a photo of the diggers rather than the cars?

If somebody can show me a photo of something other than a few cars I'd be able to give a reasoned judgement.

Other posters that have referred to historical underground services records being accurate make a very valid point. Generally speaking, utilities companies (or statutory undertakers as they used to be commonly referred to) make so many modifications and re-route so many ducts that the original record drawings held by the Council/landowners are often wholly unreliable, particularly where so much ground preparation is going to be needed before our preferred Contractor can even think of starting a topsoil strip and setting-out the structure.

So, if it is survey work, it'll likely be one of, or a combination of the following:

1 - Underground services surveys via ground penetrating radar equipment (gpr)
2 - Underground services surveys via trial pits/boreholes and GPR, in which case you may not necessarily see any plant, as trial pits can often be hand dug dependent upon the depth of the services in question
3 - Geotechnical survey to help the groundworks sub-contractor shape their foundation design. Again, via trial pits and boreholes
4 - UXB/UXO surveys - unexploded bombs/ordnance surveys, usually involving a certain amount of digging IF a significant threat has been assumed via a desktop study of record drawings/information first
5 - Ecological surveys - Placement of data recording equipment relating to protected species

Yeah thats all very well Sherif, but you forgot to ask if any one had a clipboard.

Let yourself down big time there, so called expert.

Having briefly looked on the Galldris website, they do look like the type of company that MIGHT be involved in building a stadium, but it is one thing that they haven't been involved in before. Although they are building train stations etc.

The only other thing is that their MD's linked in page states the following:

"CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECTS RANGING IN VALUE FROM £500K - £10M. SECTORS INCLUDE MOD,SOCIAL HOUSING,RAIL,HEALTH,EDUCATION,RETAIL,COMMERCIAL,AIR,NUCLEAR,"

Assuming that's accurate it might be that they aren't actually building the stadium, but are involved in some other capacity.

Who knows. It might even have nothing to do with SUFC, they might just be re-doing the road or something!

They are a civils company not the main contractor so that for me is a good sign I could imagine the civils for the site being around 5m to 10m

If somebody can show me a photo of something other than a few cars I'd be able to give a reasoned judgement.

Other posters that have referred to historical underground services records being accurate make a very valid point. Generally speaking, utilities companies (or statutory undertakers as they used to be commonly referred to) make so many modifications and re-route so many ducts that the original record drawings held by the Council/landowners are often wholly unreliable, particularly where so much ground preparation is going to be needed before our preferred Contractor can even think of starting a topsoil strip and setting-out the structure.

So, if it is survey work, it'll likely be one of, or a combination of the following:

1 - Underground services surveys via ground penetrating radar equipment (gpr)
2 - Underground services surveys via trial pits/boreholes and GPR, in which case you may not necessarily see any plant, as trial pits can often be hand dug dependent upon the depth of the services in question
3 - Geotechnical survey to help the groundworks sub-contractor shape their foundation design. Again, via trial pits and boreholes
4 - UXB/UXO surveys - unexploded bombs/ordnance surveys, usually involving a certain amount of digging IF a significant threat has been assumed via a desktop study of record drawings/information first
5 - Ecological surveys - Placement of data recording equipment relating to protected species

Surly a soil report would have been done before tender?

Back