• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You build from below ground up; lots of pipes, cables etc are underground and need sorting first(ish).
Surprisingly many older utility works are not properly recorded on plans etc and can be the source of much added expense and delays.

It'll be for a ground survey. You might dig trial pits for a soil survey. Utilities locating as suggested. Good reasons you need excavators on sight for a large development like this at an early stage. Any contractor will quite likely do their own survey rather than risk delay at a later stage. Other have given more detailed reasons. Just good to be chatting like this at last.

Listen ...al of this speculation and conjecture is a waste of time now, as I see it. Since the Jobson days I have broadly followed and supported the plan for a new stadium, but if as we understand this is to now be a 3 sided effort like Oxford, I see little justification. Coincidentally since the Kassam opened, that particular club has gone backwards. It does not look like Martin can or will deliver

Surly a soil report would have been done before tender?

Not necessarily - depends on how the project has been procured. You may find that ground conditions risks have been weighted toward the Contractor, or, more likely, that previous Local Authority geophysical and geotechnical data has been used during the pre-contract design phase, and further, more intrusive survey work is now required to supplement and confirm this existing data.

I'd suggest that given the site location (i.e. Essex...near the Thames Estuary) 90% of the development will be on piles anyway, but further investigation may be needed to ascertain the most appropriate size and type of pile.

If the above is the case, the shortlisted/preferred Contractors may have placed provisional sums into their contract price relating to the groundworks - this would simply allow negotiations and design to progress unabated whilst a more specific price for that portion of the works was formulated. Quite common practice.

I'm going to talk to Bernard Cribbins.
He knows a thing or two about digging holes *

( * apologies to any younger forum members )

Whereabouts were these cars? I drove down from Waitrose to Sutton Road and didnt see anything. Then I didnt even see a road like in the picture so clearly not looking in the right place!

Even worse when you have just checked the zone and trawled through nine pages of bollax

Whereabouts were these cars? I drove down from Waitrose to Sutton Road and didnt see anything. Then I didnt even see a road like in the picture so clearly not looking in the right place!

I passed there twice. both accounts didn't see anything. My explanation is identical to yours

By the cottage. If you are coming from Waitrose on the right hand side past the acoustic fencing.

Isnt that in Rochford ? Which may explain why the Southend Councillor knows little about it

Yep. Exactly what I said on an earlier post. The work (whatever it is) is on the planned training ground, which is Rochford Council land.

David Icke seems to have spoken to them without asking the question "are you here for the stadium". A fundamental oversight.
This is comedy gold, a poster who names himself after a loony tune who's marriage broke up because he suspected his wife was a shape shifting alien saw some cars and a mini digger near FF, or were they cars ? Could they have shape shifted from aliens and were checking out the rumoured site of Ronnie World, they probably think it's going to be similar to Disneyworld and they can hide themselves inside costumes of giant mice.

I'm off to buy the real David Icke's ex missus a drink, she's quite tidy......for a shape shifter :smile:

Yep. Asked outright. We see it as the new ground but they see it as the whole development of retail, ground etc. Can only post what I was told. This seems to be the beginning of the beginning. But hold on folks - Ron loves a rough ride. Also asked if their were any jobs going on the development - quite a few.

But he stated he asked them. Is this bull or bulldozer?

Back