• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

East Green I 83

Schoolboy⭐⭐
Letter from Ticket Office Manager yesterday advising that fees for next season are up from £92 to £130!!!!!!

That's bad enough, but Club attempt to justify it by saying ......"one of the problems that have arisen time and time again in the past is that the £92 paid was for League matches only, and it has been noted that permit holders have tried to gain entrance for pre season and cup matches which has caused numerous problems. This season the club have decided the best way forward would be to include all first team matches played at Roots Hall, thereby avoiding any problems at the entrances on the day"

1.I have had a pass for at least ten years and all games have always been included.

2.I have never been asked to pay for cup games when entering the car park, has anyone else?

Really find this an insult....not just the massive increase, but the "reason" to justify it.

Has anyone contacted the club yet, as I cannot get in there until next week?

Appreciate you're frustrated, but we are a club short of revenue so this sort of news doesn't surprise me. If anything I'm surprised that it's not been more than £92 previously.

I don't mind paying £130 as I thought the £92 was very cheap for the parking but I did ask the ticket office when I bought my cup tickets last season and they said that my car park ticket was included for cup games and my CP ticket does say for season 2013/14!!

£5 at Southend Grammar so given its in the ground itself probably not outrageous - but no-one likes to pay more so doubt I would be celebrating

I park near the ground every game and have never paid and have never had a problem. Park at 2.30 is and just walk straight in. If you don't like the prices then don't pay it .

Letter from Ticket Office Manager yesterday advising that fees for next season are up from £92 to £130!!!!!!

That's bad enough, but Club attempt to justify it by saying ......"one of the problems that have arisen time and time again in the past is that the £92 paid was for League matches only, and it has been noted that permit holders have tried to gain entrance for pre season and cup matches which has caused numerous problems. This season the club have decided the best way forward would be to include all first team matches played at Roots Hall, thereby avoiding any problems at the entrances on the day"

1.I have had a pass for at least ten years and all games have always been included.

2.I have never been asked to pay for cup games when entering the car park, has anyone else?

Really find this an insult....not just the massive increase, but the "reason" to justify it.

Has anyone contacted the club yet, as I cannot get in there until next week?

You can pay a fiver at the school round the corner per game if you like and walk the extra distance.

£23 x 5 = £115

How many home cup games will we get? If we only have 3, then that's another £15.

£130 to park at a school a 10 minute walk away for £130 to park at the ground. Can't see what you are moaning about.

If it's been £92 for 10 years and hasn't gone up, then the rise isn't too bad

It sounds to me that East Green I 83 is more unhappy with the spin on it, rather than just the price hike, which is fair enough. If you've all used the car park for pre season and cup games with your pass for ten years or so, then the Ticket Office Manager is not being truthful.

A huge amount of Southend supporters have been let down with all sorts of issues with tickets and season cards and double booking of seats for years, especially on play off and cup games.
The latest trouble has been to not inform customers that the club shop is closed on certain days, leaving supporters frustrated at turning up to a closed club shop when expecting to pick and purchase their seat for the coming season, some having travelled a long way. We've been messed around for years.
So this spin on the car park price hike doesn't go down to well with some of us.
The Ticket Office Manager should just be more truthful about it and concentrate on sorting out the Ticket Office and all it's recurring issues and match day problems.

We are a league two club and we are skint. We are run by a skin flint wide boy who hires cheap staff often ill trained or ill advised, most of whom only work at the club due to shortage of jobs and or a misguided loyalty to the club.

If you dont want to pay then park outside the ground on a matchday for FREE and just walk in. Job done.

It would never cross my mind to pay to park and i havent done for over 20 years.

We are a league two club and we are skint. We are run by a skin flint wide boy who hires cheap staff often ill trained or ill advised, most of whom only work at the club due to shortage of jobs and or a misguided loyalty to the club.

If you dont want to pay then park outside the ground on a matchday for FREE and just walk in. Job done.

It would never cross my mind to pay to park and i havent done for over 20 years.

Maybe some folk have no choice but to pay with disability issues in their lives, anyway the mans beef was the ******** the club came up with concerning cup games,come on SUFC stop taking us for mugs

Surely people who are disable get some kind of discount or get to park for free.

It sounds to me that East Green I 83 is more unhappy with the spin on it, rather than just the price hike, which is fair enough. If you've all used the car park for pre season and cup games with your pass for ten years or so, then the Ticket Office Manager is not being truthful.

Spot on mate!!! I am honestly more annoyed about the way it is being "justified" than the 40% increase......We all know that the pass has always been for the whole season and for all games......so to say otherwise after all these years is just an insult to our intelligence. I am looking forward to hearing what the Ticket Office Manager and Steve Kavanagh have to say.

Me and my elderly uncle pay to park at the ground as he is a bit old to walk to far and i think £132 for a whole season is not unreasonable although you could argue it is a bit of a steep hike in one go but what is wrong is the club telling outright lies regarding car park prices previously not including friendlies or cup games.

No problem with the increase as this is understandable. The reasoning is p*ss poor though. No-one in the last few seasons during cup games has checked or asked for the 'special' permit for those games as opposed to league fixtures. So the non enforcement by the club's car park attendance for previously non inclusive cup games is the issue - not people turning up unaware that cup games weren't included!:unsure:

I understand that they are going to charge to use the toilets next season, which I think is p*ss poor. :net:

I understand that they are going to charge to use the toilets next season, which I think is p*ss poor. :net:

Plus you have to raise your hand to gain permission from the steward,I understand the loo fee will be 50p and you need to bring your own paper.

All credit to Steve Kavanagh for getting back to me on this.
He defends the decision to hike the price by 42% as it is his role to generate income and profit for the football club. I have no argument with that at all, and told him so. My gripe was, and still is, the untrue ticket office claim that a car park pass "ONLY ever covered league games" and was now being increased from £92 to £130 to cover cup matches and friendlies as well. This is a total fabrication and an insult to our intelligence. I have had a car park pass for about 18 years and NEVER been asked to pay extra....has anyone? Steve K has now agreed however that he may have been mislead and is going to speak to Jobbo for clarification. I respect his defence though, and the fact he admitted he may be wrong.

Back