• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brazil v Colombia

steveo

mine to stay the same please
The ref ruined the game for me by not showing any yellow cards for the countless first half fouls. So the players could get away with almost anything which made the second half a stop start niggly affair.

Then he shows the first yellow for a bloke blocking a goal kick after James had been kicked all over the pitch. Even Townsend changed his tune from "the ref has done well not to book anyone" to £he's left his cards in the dressing room".

There is something to be said for trying to keep all the players on the pitch but if referees applied the laws of the game strictly, and booked people for yellow card offences, then the players would soon realise if you don't pull shirts, trip players and body check them, you wont get booked. To top it all the Brazilian keeper only gets a yellow for bringing a bloke down on the 6 yard line.

Rubbish.

It was ridiculous, Neymar got similar treatment to James and that yellow card for Thiago Silva beggared belief for me (the ball was out of the keeper's hands and he got to it first.

Neymar out for rest of tournament with a fractured vertebrae too. Don't fancy Brazil's chances v Germany without Neymar & Silva.

Yeah it was ludicrous. It was a good first half but then the niggly fouls in the second half killed it off before Colombia pulled one back.

54 fouls committed and only 4 yellow cards!

The ref was rubbish but he was right to only award a yellow to the Brazil keeper, David Luiz was behind the keeper and easily would have won the ball since the touch past the goalkeeper was too strong, a red would have been very harsh.

The ref ruined the game for me by not showing any yellow cards for the countless first half fouls. So the players could get away with almost anything which made the second half a stop start niggly affair.

Then he shows the first yellow for a bloke blocking a goal kick after James had been kicked all over the pitch. Even Townsend changed his tune from "the ref has done well not to book anyone" to £he's left his cards in the dressing room".

There is something to be said for trying to keep all the players on the pitch but if referees applied the laws of the game strictly, and booked people for yellow card offences, then the players would soon realise if you don't pull shirts, trip players and body check them, you wont get booked. To top it all the Brazilian keeper only gets a yellow for bringing a bloke down on the 6 yard line.

Rubbish.

Totally agree with this. A yellow card offence is a yellow card offence regardless of whether it occurs in the first minute or the last. Commentators commending refs for allowing the game to flow by not giving cards really get on my .... The game has been stopped anyway!!! The players will soon learn and if they don't then tough.

Back