• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Germany vs Brazil

I'd fancy our under 11's to get past this Brazilian defence. Chelsea must be laughing having sold Luiz for so much money.

Well done for Klose for setting the new record for World Cup goals. Would the result be any different if Silva and Neymar were playing?

No goal for 10 mins, boring.

Very little chance of anyone predicting the correct score in the prediction league I think. And that Klose is a really fast young forward.

Brazil defenders are poop!

Never seen such inept defending before.

The Southend team of 1971-72 would of beaten Brasil tonight .:smile:

Words fail me. 7.1 did the Germans a disservice. I thought Brazil must come out better organized second half.

Brazilian defence was woeful, Germany played well but were allowed to .Also the brazilian midfield was nowhere to be seen.Chelski would be the big winners from this having sold LUIZ who was absolutely useless to my mind for so much money.I felt sorry for the Brazilian goalkeeper,was like having 12 year olds in front of him.

Brazilian defence was woeful, Germany played well but were allowed to .Also the brazilian midfield was nowhere to be seen.Chelski would be the big winners from this having sold LUIZ who was absolutely useless to my mind for so much money.I felt sorry for the Brazilian goalkeeper,was like having 12 year olds in front of him.

That'll be the Brazilian keeper who is QPR's no. 2? Seems ridiculous to me that they couldn't come up with someone who at least played a bit last season! Luiz was woeful, I suspect my husband wasn't the only Chelsea fan laughing hysterically at having sold him to P St G for 50 mill! Said all the way through this tournament that their defence was terrible, far too much emphasis on Neymar and too many not up to the level (Fred, Hulk etc). Felt more sorry for the Chelsea trio of Oscar, Willian and Ramires last night, who, had they all started might at least have put a bit of flair into the middle. Scolari was embarrassed, the Germans were awesome.

Germany were their normal teutonic selves, well organised, ruthless where necessary, and clinical in their finishing. That said they really didn't have anyone to beat as the Brazilian defence was absolutely appalling and their forwards offered nothing which took pressure off the defence. I very much doubt the other two sides left in will offer the Germans that many presents in one 90 minutes.

If I was a Brazilian headline writer I'd have a big picture of Luiz crying with the headline "Tears of a Clown". Really Luiz? Crying? Maybe you should have attempted to defend during the game, muppet.

Feel bad for Oscar, he was the only one to come out of that with any dignity (except maybe Ramires), glad he got the goal. Fred is the worst striker I have ever seen and I've supported Southend for 23 years!

Germany were as brilliant as Brazil were bad. Using the fact I have step family in Germany to support them now!

That'll be the Brazilian keeper who is QPR's no. 2? Seems ridiculous to me that they couldn't come up with someone who at least played a bit last season! Luiz was woeful, I suspect my husband wasn't the only Chelsea fan laughing hysterically at having sold him to P St G for 50 mill! Said all the way through this tournament that their defence was terrible, far too much emphasis on Neymar and too many not up to the level (Fred, Hulk etc). Felt more sorry for the Chelsea trio of Oscar, Willian and Ramires last night, who, had they all started might at least have put a bit of flair into the middle. Scolari was embarrassed, the Germans were awesome.

Cesar has been on loan at Toronto

Drastic™;1644488 said:
If I was a Brazilian headline writer I'd have a big picture of Luiz crying with the headline "Tears of a Clown". Really Luiz? Crying? Maybe you should have attempted to defend during the game, muppet.

Feel bad for Oscar, he was the only one to come out of that with any dignity (except maybe Ramires), glad he got the goal. Fred is the worst striker I have ever seen and I've supported Southend for 23 years!

Germany were as brilliant as Brazil were bad. Using the fact I have step family in Germany to support them now!

Fred was so bad it was laughable with every pundit questioning why bother even starting him!
Germany were IMO made to look like world beaters because of Brazil's shocking display all round the pitch.

I was baby sitting for my sister. Her and her husband came home and I left. At that point it was 1-0. By the time I got home (5 minutes drive) my wife told me it was 5-0. For some reason I didn't bother listening to the commentary in the car.

I was in hysterics. I didn't bother with the 2nd half, it wasn't worth it. I read a book instead.

To my mind Brazil got what they deserved. They're a poor and dirty team that have got away with a lot, and have had a lot of favourable refereeing decisions.

They were still diving around last night.

It's a real shame because I used to love watching Brazil play.

Fred was so bad it was laughable with every pundit questioning why bother even starting him!
Germany were IMO made to look like world beaters because of Brazil's shocking display all round the pitch.

Er, if they win one more game then they are world beaters*

*despite their lack of 4-4-2

Probably the most incredible game of football I've ever witnessed. A thrashing like that would be surprising in a group stage match, but to happen in a semi-final between two of the greatest football nations is just unbelievable. I fancied Germany before due to Thiago and Neymar missing Brazil, but never expected them to win so convincingly.

I don't think Brazil were fully focused on the job. There was all this silly nonsense about Neymar before the match with the baseball caps and holding up a kit with his name on during the national anthem, it was like he'd died. No player is bigger than the team. That sent out the message to Germany that they clearly thought Neymar was a massive loss to them, and they weren't confident. Once the first goal went in they just capitulated, the defence was all over the place and it was too easy for Germany. For all their passionate singing of the national anthem and crying at the end of the match, Brazil didn't show one jot of passion or pride during the 90 minutes. Although it was fascinating to watch, I actually found it quite sad in a way that a Brazil team should perform so shambolically in a World Cup semi-final, they should be ashamed of themselves. Every Brazilian fan who went to the match should be refunded in my opinion as they were woefully let down. These are multi-million pound players who play for top European clubs we're talking about, but they looked like a hungover Sunday League team. David Luiz particularly should be ashamed of himself, he was given the captain's armband, he was meant to step up to the plate in place of Thiago. I bet PSG are looking for their £40m receipt! I don't know what Luiz is but he's sure not a centre-back. The guy has no positional sense, doesn't rush back after one of his crazy forward runs, and should've been sent off for two elbows on Klose. He reminds me of a certain Tunisian we had at Southend, actually...

I don't think Germany even had to play that well. It was just simple passing and moving into space and closing down. The defending for all the goals can be criticised, although I must say that Schurlle's finish for the 7th goal (or was it the 6th) was brilliant. I don't remember the German defence having to do anything except for Neuer (who by the way has proven himself as the best goalkeeper in the world in this tournamen) making a few saves early in the 2nd half. Rio Ferdinand made a good point after the match that they really need to go and win it now, this victory will mean nothing otherwise. I think they will though, it feels like their time and on paper they have better teams than both Argentina and Netherlands.

Brazil would still beat England!

true..if we got beat 2-0 by brazil,we would have been happy!!!and hodgson & the fa, would tell us we were better and on the right track:angry:...in fact if we lost 7-1 ,England,(played like Brazil did), hodgson & the fa would have said we were good & should have won:angry:what ankers

Back