• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky Bailey and Stuart Thurgod in central midfield.

Shane Wardley and Derek Hall down the left flank?

Isla Fisher - yeah ok I know she did not play for us but I would have enjoyed watching her performance far more than that of Nicky Bailey :whistling:

John Mckinven on the wing...........he was ginger, wasn't he?

Not from my recollection, he was dark haired.........

Extract from Shrimpers Trust

Brylcremed black hair dashing down the wing past a leaden footed fullback, followed by a perfect cross and a goal. The great Scot also scored himself, 66 in 306 appearances. His career was ended against Lincoln City, when he broke his leg in a tackle made by the future England manager, Graham Taylor.

Willie Coulson and Micky Touhy were at least 'strawberry blonde' (?)

Sorry to all my 'red' haired friends and colleagues , but isn't Best Ginger an oxymoron ?

Not from my recollection, he was dark haired.........

Extract from Shrimpers Trust

Brylcremed black hair dashing down the wing past a leaden footed fullback, followed by a perfect cross and a goal. The great Scot also scored himself, 66 in 306 appearances. His career was ended against Lincoln City, when he broke his leg in a tackle made by the future England manager, Graham Taylor.

Perhaps he had his hair dyed? :winking: Sure there was a ginger winger back in the 50's/60's.

Plumbing the depths of time
May I propose
Mel Slack
Tony Beanland
Gary Moore

Mel Slack had blond hair, could have been ginger through sunglasses I suppose. Tony Beanland had sod all on the top of his head, but he may have had a few gingers round the ears and the back. Gary Moore could have been ginger but more likely blond I think. Blimey, there are some names from the past there. How about Mike Beasley, any one remember what colour his barnet was?

Back