• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought the first half was very professional performance. Hard to judge against non league opposition but Percil did very well, very direct and always looking to run towards goal. Was pleased to see us play with two strikers too and Weston is certainly his chances of starting up front against Accrington no harm. Auger did pretty well too. The centre back triallist, did ok but feel we need some league experience in there.
Second half highlighted the paucity of the squad and the need for another centre back and centre forward. The young players didnt do much to impress apart from Payne who I thought did very well. Fagan had a touch of class but Billericay were tiring towards the end and left us lots of space. Hoyte looked decent too but really need to see these players against better opposition although Hoyte and Fagan have pedigree at League 2 level.

All our own players looked decent. None of the trialists stood out. The boy from spurs did ok but it looked like he was trying to impress too much by beating every player. Fagan the only other who looked comfortable with some good touches although lacked any confidence to beat his own man.

One more thing to add...They couldn't contain Payne, really hope to more of him this season.

And another...their no 5 basically set out to hack everyone in sight being a fat useless lump.

I came on here to read match status and all I got was a soap opera. All I can say is I haven't stopped cussons. Ulay off of Asnah's spelling otherwise I'll wash my hands of the lot of you. We are supposed to gel on this board which used to be Head & Shoulders above the rest. Talcum bout football pun-ditry please. I'm not worried about these games. It's all match fitness and conditioners.

Good workout tonight. Michael-Persil looked good on the ball, Fagan did well when he came on and Weston looked sharp. None of the other trialists stood out.Best player on the pitch in the first half though was Billericays no 10 Isaac Layne. Reminded me a lot of Wayne Gray. Made lots of runs in behind our defence, never gave the ball away, and did excellent for Billericays goal. Looked him up at half time, and it seems he has just got back from a trial at Charlton. According to the DailyStar we are after him as well. Reckon Ron could stretch to a quid.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...p-non-league-sensation-Isaac-Layne-for-a-QUID

I thought fagan looked very comfortable out there. Also hoyte impressed particularly with a dart in the last few mins. The centre back didn't look great. The kid from spurs was quick and could beat a man, but was hesitant to do the simple thing. Maybe trying too hard to impress.

Also my first chance to see Ellis brown. He has a neat touch and seemed quick. Made a few mistakes, but has the attributes to be decent.

And Weston, missed in higuain style when clean through and scuffed a 2 yarder in. Not sure id start him up front, as did a bit out on the wing and looked impressive.

Really ? So you reckon you can judge someones pace against non league opposition then conclude they would be equally as effective against Real Madrid ? :stunned:

I said the effect would be different and then you say I conclude it would be equally effective ????

I really liked the look of the little number 7 and hope we sign him along with Craig Fagan, who really looks like he has something about him. Good work out in the context of the fact that it was only our second pre season game.

Poor game against poor opposition on a poor pitch but what was anyone expecting? The game was more about getting fitness

Fagan pick of the triallists, but that doesn't mean much. To be fair, the defenders weren't really tested so they could be ok we just never got to find out. If Auger counts as a triallist he did ok and I still think there's something there to work with.

Not sure Weston meant his first, a flicked header. His second he nearly cocked up, the ball barely rolling into the empty net. Credit I suppose for being in the right place at the right time. Hurst's goal was easily the pick of them. A real touch of class.

That Percival bloke didn't look close to being ready for the league. Can create a bit of space for himself but didn't know what to do with it. He did bundle the ball through for the third.

Clifford's decision making hasn't improved over the summer and was again poor. He did hit the bar which will please those who only watch highlight reels but their goal came from a hole in right central-midfield. Atkinson also hit the post.

Second half was tricky to keep track with who was on the pitch and was a non-event.

Poor game against poor opposition on a poor pitch but what was anyone expecting? The game was more about getting fitness

Fagan pick of the triallists, but that doesn't mean much. To be fair, the defenders weren't really tested so they could be ok we just never got to find out. If Auger counts as a triallist he did ok and I still think there's something there to work with.

Not sure Weston meant his first, a flicked header. His second he nearly cocked up, the ball barely rolling into the empty net. Credit I suppose for being in the right place at the right time. Hurst's goal was easily the pick of them. A real touch of class.

That Percival bloke didn't look close to being ready for the league. Can create a bit of space for himself but didn't know what to do with it. He did bundle the ball through for the third.

Clifford's decision making hasn't improved over the summer and was again poor. He did hit the bar which will please those who only watch highlight reels but their goal came from a hole in right central-midfield. Atkinson also hit the post.

Second half was tricky to keep track with who was on the pitch and was a non-event.
What about billericays #10?

Never known a match where the programme never listed the team line ups at all nor had it announced over the PA who was playing before the game or when the subs came on. This will probably be the biggest crowd Billericay have all season & it would have been nice if we could have actually been told the names of the players on the pitch at some time during the evening.

Sorry , but if someone has pace against Billericay , they will also have pace against Real Madrid.
How it is utilised and the effect it has may be different , but pace is pace.

How many fork lift drivers and sheet metal workers play for Real Madrid?

Never known a match where the programme never listed the team line ups at all nor had it announced over the PA who was playing before the game or when the subs came on. This will probably be the biggest crowd Billericay have all season & it would have been nice if we could have actually been told the names of the players on the pitch at some time during the evening.

Never been to a game where the burger bar was shut, aswell. 736 supporters and they miss the opportunity to generate some decent revenue.

As for the game. Typical pre-season friendly, but we certainly knocked the ball around well. Hurst's control and lob was pure class. Percil (little no. 7, I think) is lightening quick and looks dangerous (played better at GWR mind). I'd def try and sign him. Still haven't made my mind up on the CB trialist. Still haven't seen him tested, but is that a good thing ? Is he getting into the right positions and making it look easy ? I'd try him against QPR or Ipswich. Jack Payne is busting a gut and deserves a chance. Hope BBBC is ok. Got clattered in the 2nd half (love to know what he said to their fella). All in all, a good run out.

Sorry , but if someone has pace against Billericay , they will also have pace against Real Madrid.
How it is utilised and the effect it has may be different , but pace is pace.

Better players will cope with the pace better, but of course its better to have it than not.

Thanks for the reports. It does make you think just how difficult it is to assess a player for signing from run outs like these. Perhaps the 'closed door' friendly today will give PB a better idea. Even if it's Spur's third string, they are likely to be technically superior to what the previous two sides heve had to offer and thus should cause rather more interesting problems for the trialists.

Back