• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gaza

Everyone has their own prejudices and perpectives I suppose but 16 pages on here about the undoubted human misery that is the situation in gaza but not much discusiion on here about the murderous activities of the Islamic State "militants" as the BBC refer to them or the still missing 200 school girls kidnapped in Nigeria earlier in the year.

Indeed. You hear very little about the 2,275 Palestinians that have been murdered in Syria since their civil war started.

However, this thread has a title of Gaza, so that's what it is about.

Feel free to start one on other subjects if you want...

link to guardian (I'm turning into Tangled/Barna:stunned:) about a Sainsburys store removing kosher food from its shelves because of anti-israeli protests.
http://www.theguardian.com/business...ys-removes-kosher-food-anti-israel-protesters
if this was an isolated incident you could laugh at it, but there have been a number of instances in recent weeks of similar petty anti-Israeli actions.
the spirit of appeasement and anti-semitism runs deep in British society.
why not ban halal food because of ISIS or Boko Haram (sp?) in Nigeria?
why not boycott Chinese restaurants or clear chinese food off the shelves at supermarkets because of oppression in Tibet?
sorry to rant but there is a lot of hypocrisy and barely concealed bigotry and racism about a lot of the protest about Israel IMO

Not saying Sainsburys are right but Isreal is a state and ISIS is a militia so there is a difference there. China is......allowed to get away with a lot.

But not all Kosher food originates in Israel. Do a quick Google search and you'll see lists of foods that are kosher, including ironically Sainsbury's own chocolate. I presume they took that off the shelves too?

link to guardian (I'm turning into Tangled/Barna:stunned:) about a Sainsburys store removing kosher food from its shelves because of anti-israeli protests.
http://www.theguardian.com/business...ys-removes-kosher-food-anti-israel-protesters
if this was an isolated incident you could laugh at it, but there have been a number of instances in recent weeks of similar petty anti-Israeli actions.
the spirit of appeasement and anti-semitism runs deep in British society.
why not ban halal food because of ISIS or Boko Haram (sp?) in Nigeria?
why not boycott Chinese restaurants or clear chinese food off the shelves at supermarkets because of oppression in Tibet?
sorry to rant but there is a lot of hypocrisy and barely concealed bigotry and racism about a lot of the protest about Israel IMO

Don't agree with the store manager doing what he did but if under fear of attack on his staff and customers from a mob of toss pots then you can sympathise a bit. Threatening to attack a supermarket - very big and brave.

I don't want to start a whole new argument here, but have a look at this picture. It's from the BBC website this morning.

Hamas.jpg

What do you notice? It's a good news story about a ceasefire, so the BBC lead with a story that Hamas have announced a truce.

So when it's announcing a break in a ceasefire it leads with Israel even if Israel aren't the ones to break it, and when a truce is agreed they announce it as a Hamas thing.

Now, I don't believe the BBC to be deliberately anti-Israel, I just think it comes from their natural left sided views. Either way, it does illustrate the way the media play a big role in shaping peoples' views.

Last edited:
I don't want to start a whole new argument here, but have a look at this picture. It's from the BBC website this morning.

View attachment 2826

What do you notice? It's a good news story about a ceasefire, so the BBC lead with a story that Hamas have announced a truce.

So when it's announcing a break in a ceasefire it leads with Israel even if Israel aren't the ones to break it, and when a truce is agreed they announce it as a Hamas thing.

Now, I don't believe the BBC to be deliberately anti-Israel, I just think it comes from their natural left sided views. Either way, it does illustrate the way the media play a big role in shaping peoples' views.

Not only the media but Jewish people them selfs shape the Anti-Israel feelings.

This is related to the Gaza conflict.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28972436

Personally, I sort of hope ISIS are behind this and decide to take a pop at Israel. Then they will find out how a real army deals with terrorists. My money is on it lasting about a week.

I think a week is a very conservative estimate Groutie. The Israeli Special Forces will have the Ad-Dabs messing their little jihadi knickers within an hour or two.

Here we go again with the BBC:

Read this

Quote:

On Wednesday, the UN's World Food Programme said one of its convoys had entered Gaza for the first time since 2007, carrying enough food to feed around 150,000 people for five days.

To me (and certainly in context of the article) that says that the WFP has finally managed to enter Gaza from Israel for the first time since 2007.

However, I know that that simply isn't the case, and that the crossing between Israel and Gaza hasn't been closed at all, and was even open all the way through the last conflict. So I followed the link to the WFP website, and read the article in its entirety, and came across the quote that the BBC paraphrased:

The article

The quote:

GAZA – For the first time since 2007, a humanitarian convoy of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) successfully crossed from Egypt into the Gaza Strip today, carrying enough food to feed around 150,000 people for five days.

The BBC really ought to understand, and take its responsibilities a bit more seriously.

Last edited:
Guess which side broke the ceasefire yesterday?

Have a look on the BBC website...you won't see a thing.

(I'll give you a clue: Hamas are saying they have arrested the people responsible.)

Wow. It actually made it to the BBC:

BBC

(The story isn't 100% accurate, the terrorist was shot, but didn't die.) According to Hamas "This is a natural response...". They really are sick.

In the mean time the head of Hamas in Gaza still doesn't recognise Israel, until his daughter is ill:

Hypocrisy

Wow. It actually made it to the BBC:

BBC

(The story isn't 100% accurate, the terrorist was shot, but didn't die.) According to Hamas "This is a natural response...". They really are sick.

In the mean time the head of Hamas in Gaza still doesn't recognise Israel, until his daughter is ill:

Hypocrisy

Oh, and I forgot to give you the original AP headline of the attack:

Israel Police Shoot Man in East Jerusalem.

You couldn't make it up.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the anti-Egypt protests and boycotts in the UK as Egypt closes its borders with Gaza and blows up houses in Rafah to create a buffer zone:

BBC

RT

NYT

Afterward, the authorities declared a state of emergency in the area and closed Gaza’s border crossing with Egypt, where Egyptian authorities say the militants are getting support. Officials said that the buffer zone would extend the length of the border with the Gaza, and reach about 500 yards into Egyptian territory.

It remained to be seen whether the buffer zone would have any effect on militant activity, given that the Egyptian authorities have all but sealed off Gaza over the last year, severely limiting traffic over the border and aggressively demolishing smuggling tunnels.

I wonder why they haven't happened? Especially as (once again) the only border crossing that is open - and has never been closed - is between Gaza and Israel.

Back