• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united we stand

Life President⭐
thought the below might be of interest , not just for Trust members

SUPPORTERS FORUM and PHIL BROWN Q&A
Monday 22nd September 2014
The Blues Lounge, Roots Hall

The Shrimpers Trust will be hosting a Supporters Forum on Monday 22nd September 2014 when you will get a chance to ask questions of Phil Brown as he embarks on his second full season as SUFC Manager.

Trust Chairman Paul FitzGerald and United's CEO Steve Kavanagh will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the Trust and Southend United.

The Forum will be held in the Blues Lounge, Roots Hall on Monday 22nd September 2014. Doors open at 7.00pm with the event starting at 7.30pm prompt.

Admission is free of charge, and is open to Members and Non-members of the Trust.

For further details contact Paul Yeomanson: (01702 302373 or info@shrimperstrust.co.uk ) or click here.

Fobbed off with a team matters meeting, followed by 5 mins of Q&A's...in two months time. Not good enough in by opinion. If they want us to part with our hard earned money, they need to treat us with more respect.

I seem to remember an occasion in the Park Inn a few years back where Ron did face the fans, loads of people asked questions about kits and where the Freddy money had gone and Ron got away with everyone none the wiser on anything of any significance. I'd rather he faced the Echo than faced the fans, but he won't speak to them either.

Perhaps someone who is going would like to question SK on the points brought up on the "new kit" thread? Why would we be turning down good offers for sponsorship?

Perhaps someone who is going would like to question SK on the points brought up on the "new kit" thread? Why would we be turning down good offers for sponsorship?

As I said on when I posted on that thread, I hope its because we arent as desperate for cash as people think!

Definitely worth asking Steve though as it seems odd to not accept what I thought would have been a reasonable amount for shirt sponsorship.

If we were to hear of any unpaid wages that would be rather interesting (not that I have heard thats the case)

Bump

It would be really useful if anyone going could take notes and post them on here for those of us who cant attend.
thanks in advance

A good event as always, well done the Trust for putting it on. No doubt someone else will post highlights but if you want my views they'll be in All At Sea on Saturday :smile:

A good event as always, well done the Trust for putting it on. No doubt someone else will post highlights but if you want my views they'll be in All At Sea on Saturday :smile:
can somebody post please? I'm in china for a while and wont be there on Saturday

Very good and oh so subtle marketing.
I like it.

One question that was asked was around Coulthirst's (and Woodrow's) contract, I should mention this was asked after Brown volunteered the story around taking Williams to Bury City, and being really impressed with Williams insight into the game from a viewing position. He said the criteria when he looks to loan a player out, Standard, Playing Time and one other that escapes me, I think money. He specifies that his player plays the first game, so the manager gets to see his player, and what the player is capable of. Afterwards, it's down to the manager's discretion over whether the player plays or not.

When Brown identifies players that he would like to bring on loan, it's not him that strikes the agreement over the contract with the owning club, it's Kavanagh. And in the interest of the club, Steve always tries to get a reudction on the wage contribution should the player be playing and performing well. The example he used was Britt Assombalonga, and how we were an integral part of his development, but received no financial reward for the developement, he recognised the on the pitch reward.

So when he looks at loanee contract, he loks to get our financial reward for the duration of the spell, i.e. if the player is playing well, and getting game time, we get a reduction in our wage contribution. However, if he's not performing, THERE IS NO OBLIGATION AT ALL to play him, not for one minute, 20 minutes or 90 minutes. But we pay the agreed wage contribution if he doesn't play regularly, which is within our budget. Steve negotiated the same deal for Loza, and a better one (although not specified how) for Woodrow. But any player Brown signs on loan, is played purely on merit.

Hopefully this will put an end to made up conspiracy theories around game time being bandied around as fact.

Sadly, more like it'll mean it's an end to this one, and a new one will surface next time we don't win.

I'll try and add other bits from last night throughout the day*.

*When work stops getting in the way.

Last edited:
Back