• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

More importantly, when adding the right type of player, is not losing your better players, as yet those that we wouldn't want to leave havnt.

Rab has a point. The list of targets should be considered when the season ends if not just before. We have allegedly missed out on 6 or so players. and with 3 weeks to go till the season's start surely the " not rushing" issue is being played out exaggeratingly. Similar to words echoed by Tilson when in truth he couldn't bring anyone in. not to say its the same thing related,but you can't help wondering suspiciously because of past records. Davewebbsbrain- You don't like insults and MrAnsah shouldn't dish out things u say.much like you did with me not so long ago when u advised me not to come face to face with you. in your words, that says it all. just sayin, mind

For what it's worth, my taking on it is that Worrall will be the signing. The only one, outside the trialists, that we were purportedly close to signing. As for the trialist Hoyte looks the likeliest. That still leaves us with three problems 1) At least one central-defender. 2) A temporary dynamic midfielder to replace Timlin. 3) A forward with pace like Loza (against Oxford).

1) A strong leader at CB

2) Where do we get one from? Do we need one? We have an abundance of CM's ad it would be odd having to get one in on loan

3) Jason Williams is worth a shot. Pacy and strong

Rab has a point. The list of targets should be considered when the season ends if not just before. We have allegedly missed out on 6 or so players. and with 3 weeks to go till the season's start surely the " not rushing" issue is being played out exaggeratingly. Similar to words echoed by Tilson when in truth he couldn't bring anyone in. not to say its the same thing related,but you can't help wondering suspiciously because of past records. Davewebbsbrain- You don't like insults and MrAnsah shouldn't dish out things u say.much like you did with me not so long ago when u advised me not to come face to face with you. in your words, that says it all. just sayin, mind

Did I really say that lol? My apologies. I'm hardly scary

Whenever someone says we're in trouble etc in pre-season I point them to the year Sturrock brought in around 8+ players a week before the season started.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if Ellis brown wouldn't be a million miles away from the first team. Certainly vs Billericay he showed a bit of quality at times

Did I really say that lol? My apologies. I'm hardly scary

I didn't really lol mate. hypocricy at its finest. in your words " we don't really wanna meet face to face". Same goes for me shall we say as I'll look forward to it more than you lol

I didn't really lol mate. hypocricy at its finest. in your words " we don't really wanna meet face to face". Same goes for me shall we say as I'll look forward to it more than you lol

That's more likely that I didn't fancy meeting up with you down a dark alley :winking:. It wouldn't have been a threat to you, more of a 'we have nothing in common, why would we wanna meet face to face'. Was it a PM or a post on here? I'd love to see it so I can understand what I actually put and in what context. Anyway off topic.

I think we just need to be patient and trust in Brown. If we were struggling under an embargo, we wouldn't have got Weston or been able to sign Barnard.

Taking time to find the right player is important. Just how long is that time? Have we not been identifying targets for months, if not why not? Do you believe we wait until the season is over before compiling lists?

Further to that we have a list of rolled out names that we want to get in and none materialise. The only players we have had on trial are so unconvincing they cant make our management team want to snap them up.

It may not be PB's fault or RM's and there may or may not be an embargo but the way it is publicly handled leaves much to be desired. A bit like the has he or hasn't PB signed a new deal that got aired in the papers.

Its not only the fact that we have not signed enough players but yet again make our dealings look like a three ringed circus.

I wouldn't say 3 ring circus.....egan and sokiloki chose to play at a higher level....the other one chose Cambridge because had already played there....not sure we could have done too much more other than offer silly money we can't afford. We have a media friendly boss who loves to dish out soundbites....ill wager we have another quality loanee lined up.

I wouldn't say 3 ring circus.....egan and sokiloki chose to play at a higher level....the other one chose Cambridge because had already played there....not sure we could have done too much more other than offer silly money we can't afford. We have a media friendly boss who loves to dish out soundbites....ill wager we have another quality loanee lined up.

And a following who if the manager doesn't share whine at great length about no communication with the fans..

The only must is another CB, apart from that I'd be pretty happy with the current squad going into the season.

Im sorry Wakes the current squad will not get us automatic promotion,that showed out last season, we need apart from an experienced CB a creative midfielder and another Assombolonga type striker.one with pace and ambition.with these im sure promotion is on the cards,without i fear we will still be in league 2 the following season.:'(

Im sorry Wakes the current squad will not get us automatic promotion,that showed out last season, we need apart from an experienced CB a creative midfielder and another Assombolonga type striker.one with pace and ambition.with these im sure promotion is on the cards,without i fear we will still be in league 2 the following season.:'(

The creative midfielder bit I agree with fully....just a bit of flair to open up teams...deffo needed. CB a priority though

I will try and be positive and comment that higher league clubs will in these weeks be "keeping" their players close and training together. In a week or two they will know those who are going to be fringe/squad/development lads who will then be looking for playing experience loans. I am sure this is the area PB is going to get a forward and centre back from; and he has a list of hopefuls.

Browns best signings were the contract extensions of our most valuable players before the season ended.
If he adds 2-3 more I think we will be in the play off mix again , but in my opinion top three may be a step too far.

They're not easy to come by! If we can get a striker of that quality in then obviously great. What about have a bit more faith in Jason Williams at the start of the season (not necessarily starting games, but more substitute appearances)? Brown has obviously seen something he likes to give him a contract and from what I've seen he looks decent and would worry defenders coming off the bench.

Jason Williams - surely at League 2 level if they aren't ready for the first team at 18/19 (like Ryan Leonard), they won't ever be ready and need binning off.

Back