• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London hotels - recommendations?

Pubey

Looking for a decent hotel to stay in when the missus and I head to London to see Kate Bush in September. Don't want to completely blow the bank though, so under £150 would be ideal. Something more interesting than a Premier Inn would be great. Also reasonably good location as well. Tripadvisor etc aren't really coming up with much.

Any help will be greened. cheers

pubes x

If it's just to get your head down, I just use the EasyHotels. They're the size of a shoebox with no windows :smile:

Alternatively, I stayed at the Hilton Metropole. Was very nice....though I've just googled the price.....****!

If it's just to get your head down, I just use the EasyHotels. They're the size of a shoebox with no windows :smile:

Alternatively, I stayed at the Hilton Metropole. Was very nice....though I've just googled the price.....****!

yeah that's the thing. it's our first night away from the littleun and want it to be a bit nicer than normal but we can't really justify megabucks for just one night when we'll be out a lot.

cheers

yeah that's the thing. it's our first night away from the littleun and want it to be a bit nicer than normal but we can't really justify megabucks for just one night when we'll be out a lot.

cheers

No probs mate, I'm sure you can get them cheaper somehow.....

My wife and I stayed here:

Baglioni

It was fantastic. I bet for one night you might be able to negotiate...

Without breaking the bank I can recommend the Malmaison between Barbican and Farringdon.

Kingsway Hall in Great Queen Street. I last booked through Secret Hotel and paid £110 per night. Location can't be beaten, just make sure you get a room that doesn't overlook Great Queen Street as it can be a bit noisy. Alternatively, the Holborn Grange is great value when you book through Secret Hotel, but it's ever so slightly further out.

Kingsway Hall in Great Queen Street. I last booked through Secret Hotel and paid £110 per night. Location can't be beaten, just make sure you get a room that doesn't overlook Great Queen Street as it can be a bit noisy. Alternatively, the Holborn Grange is great value when you book through Secret Hotel, but it's ever so slightly further out.
Cheers, I've been having a look at secret hotels. There's a park lane 5* for £199 at the moment which is tempting.

I stay in the Holborn Grange with work a bit which is nice, but seems fully booked.

Cheers, I've been having a look at secret hotels. There's a park lane 5* for £199 at the moment which is tempting.

I stay in the Holborn Grange with work a bit which is nice, but seems fully booked.
If you chance your arm and leave it late you'll get some great deals on there. Often I have found that deals for 1 night might not be available on line but if you phone them up you can sometimes get a booking.

If you chance your arm and leave it late you'll get some great deals on there. Often I have found that deals for 1 night might not be available on line but if you phone them up you can sometimes get a booking.

Yeah I'm tempted to phone a few places and see. if not I'll leave it a bit later and see what's available a couple of weeks before we go.

Stayed last night at The White House Melia London, fantastic art deco hotel, booked late with booking.com £190 for Exec Room, plus all the extras, free alcoholic drinks between certain times, and lots of nice add ons, tapas nibbles and excellent service.
Also love City Inn Westminster, smart and very contemporary normally around the £130 mark but watch for offers. Hope you have a great evening :thumbsup:

Whenever we do something in London involving overnight we usually stay at the Novotel Hotel London Tower Bridge. It's right opposite Fenchurch Street station so no pratting around with the tube. That said, Tower Bridge station is just round the corner if needed. Various tariffs from around £140 with breakfast thrown in. Very comfortable and clean, worth a look mate.

If its a weekend, the Britannia Intl at Canada Wharf is a reasonable price, that said, even the Marriott at West India Quay comes in reasonably at weekends. Canary Wharf area is a great place to stay, easy access to all parts of the City, by tube DLR or the Riverbuses which are a great way of seeing the city.

Weekdays are always more expensive

As an update. Just got a deal via Secret Escapes. We've booked the 5* Threadneedles Hotel in Bank for £155. Luxury double upgrade plus breakfast for £155. Really pleased. Secret escapes seems worth signing up for.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

As an update. Just got a deal via Secret Escapes. We've booked the 5* Threadneedles Hotel in Bank for £155. Luxury double upgrade plus breakfast for £155. Really pleased. Secret escapes seems worth signing up for.

Not stayed there but have eaten there several times and it's pretty good. I would be interested to know what the rooms are like as it's only a few minutes away from my office so would be useful for client and overseas colleague recommendations.

Must be right by my office but don't know it.

That said you could have had the key to my offices for £40 a night. No bed as such but great location.

Back