• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brilliant signing. With Worrall and Hurst we have the best two wingers in the division and Weston off the bench/up front. Good work Phil!

Well hopefully that puts to bed OAA's theory of being under an embargo and Brown only being able to say what RM tells him to say.

A good aigning, albeit another winger
Show me where I said we were under an embargo. As usual you spout drivel. I said it makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes and I stick by that, you don't know and neither do I, but I suspect this has not been an easy summer for PB to bring in new players.

Excellent signing, welcome David! We now have 3 top wingers for this league in Hurst, Worrall and Weston. We now have options and depth in those positions, exactly what we missed last season. Another striker and defensive recruit and we're there I think. Maybe a couple of loanees to help as the season progresses too and to cover Timlin for the first couple of months.

Well hopefully that puts to bed OAA's theory of being under an embargo and Brown only being able to say what RM tells him to say.

A good aigning, albeit another winger

That does prove we aren't under an embargo as you are allowed a minimum squad size of 20 before the embargo effectively kicks in.

We have

Bentley, Smith
White, Thompson, Coker, Prosser
Hurst, Worrall, Timlin, Leonard, Atkinson, Payne, Clifford
Corr, Barnard, Weston, Williams

That's only 17 players with first team experience. Ellis Brown, Josh Banton and Jack Bridge don't count against it as they haven't played.

Genuine question. If there were so many clubs looking at signing him, why did Rotherham terminate his contract, albeit by mutual consent, and not just go down the free transfer route?

That does prove we aren't under an embargo as you are allowed a minimum squad size of 20 before the embargo effectively kicks in.

We have

Bentley, Smith
White, Thompson, Coker, Prosser
Hurst, Worrall, Timlin, Leonard, Atkinson, Payne, Clifford
Corr, Barnard, Weston, Williams

That's only 17 players with first team experience. Ellis Brown, Josh Banton and Jack Bridge don't count against it as they haven't played.

Fair comment

Show me where I said we were under an embargo. As usual you spout drivel. I said it makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes and I stick by that, you don't know and neither do I, but I suspect this has not been an easy summer for PB to bring in new players.

Nobody knows what goes on at any club so that is always going to be something that can be said. You were alluding to why we hadn't signed any players, and apart from being under an embargo, why else wouldn't we be able to sign players?

Nobody knows what goes on at any club so that is always going to be something that can be said. You were alluding to why we hadn't signed any players, and apart from being under an embargo, why else wouldn't we be able to sign players?
The most plausible reason as always, lack of funds / ability to offer competitive terms to enough players. I think PB is working with one hand tied behind his back, that's my personal opinion. In my mind there are still question marks over the Eastwood and Barnard signings regarding interference from RM too.

Back