• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It will probably look something similar to this:...

--------------Bentley------------

White Thompson Prosser Coker
Hurst---Leonard---Atkinson
Weston---Worrall
--------Corr----------

I would tweek this a little bit so it looks more like this:

-----------Bentley-------------
White Thompson Prosser Coker
------Leonard Atkinson--------
----Hurst Weston Worrall------
------------Corr----------------

All a bit Liverpool (and Chelsea)-esque, not sure how our League 2 players would/could take to that system? Looks pretty exciting going forward though :smile:

Still favour my 3-5-2 but I doubt PB agrees....

Bentley

(New CB) Thompson Prosser

White Leonard Atkinson Worrall Coker

Weston Barnard

Even though I think Barnard has been useless since his return, if he can turn things around he should be way ahead of Corr imo, use Corr and Hurst as impact subs if required........simples this management lark :winking:

Still favour my 3-5-2 but I doubt PB agrees....

Bentley

(New CB) Thompson Prosser

White Leonard Atkinson Worrall Coker

Weston Barnard

Even though I think Barnard has been useless since his return, if he can turn things around he should be way ahead of Corr imo, use Corr and Hurst as impact subs if required........simples this management lark :winking:

Daft use of our squad that.

I dont get why people want to use 3 centre backs. Rarely works, centre halves dont seem to like it and it exposes the wings.

Keep it simple at the back, 4 defenders. Sorted.

How you can suggest leaving Hurst out is crazy. Its all opinions, but he was at the top of the assist tables and one of the top scorers. So leave him on the bench ?!

I dont get why people want to use 3 centre backs. Rarely works, centre halves dont seem to like it and it exposes the wings.

How you can suggest leaving Hurst out is crazy. Its all opinions, but he was at the top of the assist tables and one of the top scorers. So leave him on the bench ?!

LVG has just set up Man Utd in a 532 formation.

True - and it worked pretty well for Holland in the World Cup too.

I still wouldn't employ wing backs personally, though. Especially as we only have 2 experienced Centre Backs at the moment.

Cool, lets do it then!

Although thinking about it, wasnt that just one game against poor opposition, and doesnt he have international level players in his squad?

Hurst may have got a lot of assists last season but that was playing with Corr who i've also left out, remember we didn't get promoted last season, we will this time playing my system :smile::smile::smile:

My team for the opening day would be

Bentley

White Prosser Thompson Coker

Worrell Leonard Atkinson Hurst

Corr Weston

Think we will be close to this starting line up. Although i think we will sign another centre half to take the place of Thompson.

Last season we lacked any kind of pace up top to trouble teams. This year with Worrell Weston and also Brown to come off the bench that wont be a problem.

Cool, lets do it then!

Although thinking about it, wasnt that just one game against poor opposition, and doesnt he have international level players in his squad?

I don't think I said we should do it! I was just pointing out that 352/532 is being selected by top managers. There are pros and cons with it (as there are with every formation!).

He was saying it's probably going to be his default formation with 433 as backup.

Whatever the formation / starting line up we have some real quality this season so hopes are high

I don't think I said we should do it! I was just pointing out that 352/532 is being selected by top managers. There are pros and cons with it (as there are with every formation!).

He was saying it's probably going to be his default formation with 433 as backup.

I know I was joking.

Theres a big difference between premiership and league two, and I wouldnt be surprised if he ditched it anyway and whilst he may like it most top managers stick to 4 at the back.

I know I was joking.

Theres a big difference between premiership and league two, and I wouldnt be surprised if he ditched it anyway and whilst he may like it most top managers stick to 4 at the back.

BBC Sport described Man United's formation in their 7-0 victory as a 3-4-1-2 (wing backs outside of 2 defensive midfielders, Fletcher and Herrera, behind Mata). Never seen that formation before.

Hurst may have got a lot of assists last season but that was playing with Corr who i've also left out, remember we didn't get promoted last season, we will this time playing my system :smile::smile::smile:

You have posted some dangerous statements on here at times OAA, but the one above is bordering on outrageous. Statements like 'we will this time playing my system' will come back and bite you in the arse, mark my words:smile:

When I played 3-5-2 the key is versatility, I had a very good left footed CB and sat a defensive midfielder in front of the 3 CB's so if they needed to they could form a 4 with no weakness on the left side which is usually a problem area even for professional teams. The wing backs need to be fit as a butchers dog and get up and down for 90 minutes covering when required but also pressing back the opposition wide midfield players, that creates space in the middle and when attacking it becomes 3 vs 2 in central midfield. What I will say is that I think it worked at our (low) level because all the other teams were just confused and didn't know how to counter it. I was also very lucky having 2 mega fit wing backs and a CB that could switch to LB when required.

Pro game is all about setting up not to lose, that's the difference, managers under huge pressure, kids coached to go backwards or sideways, we have a major problem in this country and it will only get worse as the talent is stifled rather than encouraged to express themselves.

You have posted some dangerous statements on here at times OAA, but the one above is bordering on outrageous. Statements like 'we will this time playing my system' will come back and bite you in the arse, mark my words:smile:
It won't mate because I don't get paid a kings ransom, drive a range rover and visit the tanning salon twice a day :smile:

One of our problems was a lack of goals last year, leaving out our most creative players probably not the best move.

Just because we didnt get promoted we leave out our best players in the hope it was their fault?

Is the heat affecting you :smile:

One of our problems was a lack of goals last year, leaving out our most creative players probably not the best move.

Just because we didnt get promoted we leave out our best players in the hope it was their fault?

Is the heat affecting you :smile:
Create for who ? With only Corr up front he must feel like he was ****ing in the wind at times, my point is with 3-5-2 we can create a different way and have 2 up front feeding off of the creativity....i'm on a roll here, don't stop me now, expecting a call from RM anytime :smile:

Back