• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Create for who ? With only Corr up front he must feel like he was ****ing in the wind at times, my point is with 3-5-2 we can create a different way and have 2 up front feeding off of the creativity....i'm on a roll here, don't stop me now, expecting a call from RM anytime :smile:

He finished top of the assist charts two years running in a side that struggled for goals.

You don't leave your most creative player on the bench.

The only call RM will be making is to see if you have his warchest:smile:

EDIT: wtf. Ive just checked and according to the football league we have had the top assisting player for the past 4 years!! How are we still here!?

He finished top of the assist charts two years running in a side that struggled for goals.

You don't leave your most creative player on the bench.

The only call RM will be making is to see if you have his warchest:smile:
But he just doesn't fit into my title winning side sorry, too lazy to utilise as a wing back......as for the war chest i'm sorry I spent it on raw meat to feed my hungry pacey forwards :smile:

For me we're still missing a creative midfielder. Three at the back vs four, one striker or two, I don't think it really matters unless we get someone in the side who can create some chances in the middle. We had our three most prolific strikers of the past ten years all struggling to find the net last season despite none of them actually missing many chances. If you don't create chances you don't score any goals.

When I played 3-5-2 the key is versatility, I had a very good left footed CB and sat a defensive midfielder in front of the 3 CB's so if they needed to they could form a 4 with no weakness on the left side which is usually a problem area even for professional teams. The wing backs need to be fit as a butchers dog and get up and down for 90 minutes covering when required but also pressing back the opposition wide midfield players, that creates space in the middle and when attacking it becomes 3 vs 2 in central midfield. What I will say is that I think it worked at our (low) level because all the other teams were just confused and didn't know how to counter it. I was also very lucky having 2 mega fit wing backs and a CB that could switch to LB when required.

Pro game is all about setting up not to lose, that's the difference, managers under huge pressure, kids coached to go backwards or sideways, we have a major problem in this country and it will only get worse as the talent is stifled rather than encouraged to express themselves.

I guess you're assuming how the opposition are set up ?

For me we're still missing a creative midfielder. Three at the back vs four, one striker or two, I don't think it really matters unless we get someone in the side who can create some chances in the middle. We had our three most prolific strikers of the past ten years all struggling to find the net last season despite none of them actually missing many chances. If you don't create chances you don't score any goals.

Yep too much industry in there.

Ive not seen Worrall, wonder if he will help?

Yep too much industry in there.

Ive not seen Worrall, wonder if he will help?

I hope so , but his own description of his style was 'like a dog chasing a ball' , so to me that says predominantly 'work rate' above all else.
Hope I've got that wrong though

I hope so , but his own description of his style was 'like a dog chasing a ball' , so to me that says predominantly 'work rate' above all else.
Hope I've got that wrong though

Yeah I noticed that comment as well.

I was hoping it meant running really fast wagging his tail.

What is all this talk of "assists"?

No-one mentioned "assists" much in the last 100 years of the game but suddenly it is de rigeur to quote "assists" as being a key part of the game. I wonder what statistic will next be in fashion. :sad:

And I want to know why a player who isn't assisting is on the pitch? :unsure:

I never was good with the latest fads such as tartan on the bottom of your jeans ........

What is all this talk of "assists"?

No-one mentioned "assists" much in the last 100 years of the game but suddenly it is de rigeur to quote "assists" as being a key part of the game. I wonder what statistic will next be in fashion. :sad:

And I want to know why a player who isn't assisting is on the pitch? :unsure:

I never was good with the latest fads such as tartan on the bottom of your jeans ........

Statistics are what they are ,accounting bollucks.

When I played 3-5-2 the key is versatility, I had a very good left footed CB and sat a defensive midfielder in front of the 3 CB's so if they needed to they could form a 4 with no weakness on the left side which is usually a problem area even for professional teams. The wing backs need to be fit as a butchers dog and get up and down for 90 minutes covering when required but also pressing back the opposition wide midfield players, that creates space in the middle and when attacking it becomes 3 vs 2 in central midfield. What I will say is that I think it worked at our (low) level because all the other teams were just confused and didn't know how to counter it. I was also very lucky having 2 mega fit wing backs and a CB that could switch to LB when required.

Pro game is all about setting up not to lose, that's the difference, managers under huge pressure, kids coached to go backwards or sideways, we have a major problem in this country and it will only get worse as the talent is stifled rather than encouraged to express themselves.

But you've named John White as wing-back?

If we were to set up for 3-5-2 surely he'd be better suited as one of the three centre-halves instead? Someone like Leonard would be far better suited to playing right wing-back or, failing that as Lenny's now too valuable to lose from the middle, Atkinson.

But you've named John White as wing-back?

If we were to set up for 3-5-2 surely he'd be better suited as one of the three centre-halves instead? Someone like Leonard would be far better suited to playing right wing-back or, failing that as Lenny's now too valuable to lose from the middle, Atkinson.

I tell you who would be good as a wing back , Anthony Stra.......................Sorry , just seen a flaw in that idea...

Back