• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
we've got

................................................BENTLEY....................................
WHITE...................THOMPSON...................PROSSER..........COKER
...............LEONARD................CLIFFORD...............ATKINSON........
..............HURST......................CORR............................WESTON....

SMITH P , SMITH T ; BANTON , AUGER (?) ; TIMLIN (inj) , PAYNE, BRIDGE; BARNARD ,WORRELL,WILLIAMS,BROWN.

So our First 11 look ok along with a couple of attacking subs , otherwise the spine of our team + defensively we are woefully short of quality. 2 weeks to go ....... who will be this seasons Billy Paynters ? ( Last minute panic signings ) :omg:

From what I'm reading, Worrell will most definitely be a starter!

Two central defenders for sure, ideally one permantely. What's Cresswell saying? Hardly played at all last season.............. :winking:

I think he may switch this to:

................................................BENTLEY......................................
WHITE...................THOMPSON....................PROSSER..........COKER....
HURST...................LEONARD......................ATKINSON........WORRALL.
..............................CORR...........................WESTON.......................

I think he may switch this to:

................................................BENTLEY......................................
WHITE...................THOMPSON....................PROSSER..........COKER....
HURST...................LEONARD......................ATKINSON........WORRALL.
..............................CORR...........................WESTON.......................

With Worrell or Hurst playing in the whole? I quite like the idea of that to be honest - altough I still think we need some competition for Barnard and Corr. Maybe a loan signing? The Norwich lad definitely had something about him, even if it was just for his debut.

Not convinced about Lenny and Atkinson together in the middle personally. Lenny needs to be able to play a box to box role and get forward in attacks and into a shooting position. Atkinson doesn't offer that type of support. Personally I hope Atkinson isn't in the side at the start of the season, I'm still not convinced by what he offers.

Not convinced about Lenny and Atkinson together in the middle personally. Lenny needs to be able to play a box to box role and get forward in attacks and into a shooting position. Atkinson doesn't offer that type of support. Personally I hope Atkinson isn't in the side at the start of the season, I'm still not convinced by what he offers.

Atkinsons energy levels simply amaze me at times so many times I just had to praise him for it.......but if he is off this level he doesnt really offer much. I like him and actually think he and lenny could boss games if communicating well enough. Tough one as pb played three in the middle a lot of last season.

Atkinsons energy levels simply amaze me at times so many times I just had to praise him for it.......but if he is off this level he doesnt really offer much. I like him and actually think he and lenny could boss games if communicating well enough. Tough one as pb played three in the middle a lot of last season.

Yeah his energy rates are outstanding. He ran his socks off in the first leg of the playoffs and then went to right back towards the end, where he still had the energy to bomb up and down the flank.

However, in a 3 he's a luxury we can probably afford. He provides energy, puts pressure on the team and can play between the line and create angles.However I don't look at him and think he's helping the team get a grip on the game, and statistically he doesn't weigh in with goals, and assists. In a 2 he's going to need to offer more both in attack and defence.

I don't want to turn this into a rant, but at the moment I think the middle is unbalanced if we're looking to go back to 442.

I'm thinking:

--------------Bentley------------
White Thompson Prosser Coker
-------------Leonard-------------
Hurst---------------------Worrall
-------------Atkinson------------
--------Corr-----------Weston---

Yeah his energy rates are outstanding. He ran his socks off in the first leg of the playoffs and then went to right back towards the end, where he still had the energy to bomb up and down the flank.

However, in a 3 he's a luxury we can probably afford. He provides energy, puts pressure on the team and can play between the line and create angles.However I don't look at him and think he's helping the team get a grip on the game, and statistically he doesn't weigh in with goals, and assists. In a 2 he's going to need to offer more both in attack and defence.

I don't want to turn this into a rant, but at the moment I think the middle is unbalanced if we're looking to go back to 442.

i like one to sit allowing CM partner to get forward....we lacked goals last season its ultimately what cost us.....20 clean sheets too

I kind of wish we still had Marc Laird right now.

I'm thinking:

I'm thinking:

-------------Leonard-------------
Hurst---------------------Worrall
----------Clifford or Timlin--------
--------Corr-----------Weston---

Think if Correct gets more service from the dead ball line from Hurst , Worrall , Weston etc , then he will score more next season.
If he gets the crosses delivered from the right place ( Burton at home - League ) he is a real threat

No doubt corr will score....given the right service and maybe the early signs that a 4 4 2 formation is being favoured is the plan to do just that....lets not forget barney scored for us when well fed.

No doubt corr will score....given the right service and maybe the early signs that a 4 4 2 formation is being favoured is the plan to do just that....lets not forget barney scored for us when well fed.

So it's down the chip shop for Barney before each game from now on!

You're right fella.
I think we have two experienced strikers who will score with the right service

It will probably look something similar to this:

A 4-3-2-1 with Kevan Hurst tucking in, in a midfield 3.

At times last season we saw him leaving John White a little bit exposed down the right flank, we also saw that he doesn't do a lot of tracking back but on the other hand he has a great assist ratio and playing him in a midfield 3 would make a lot of sense which allows him to supply Weston/Worrall.

Once Michael Timlin is fit I can see us rotating Hurst/Weston and Worrall behind Barry Corr/Barney.

Hurst---Leonard---Atkinson
Weston---Worrall
--------Corr----------

With Worrell or Hurst playing in the whole? I quite like the idea of that to be honest - altough I still think we need some competition for Barnard and Corr. Maybe a loan signing? The Norwich lad definitely had something about him, even if it was just for his debut.

Back