• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014

Gold apiece for England & Scotland in the Judo.

Hannah Miley (Sco) wins Gold, Amy Willmott (Eng) Silver in the Indiviual 400m Medley.

Quite a first day, real medal glut in the judo.

Medal table after Day 1:

1. England G6 S7 B4
2. Australia G5 S3 B7
3. Scotland G4 S3 B3
4. India G2 S3 B2
5. Canada G2 S1 B1

Games always made special and shown not to be second rate when a World record is set. The Aussies women in the 4x100 freestyle swimming ,smashed the world record set by the Dutch who swam in the super suits , they made these games legitimate now.:Worthy:

"Poor old Bob Gabourel of Belize just couldn't handle it. Despite doing breaststroke halfway through the second 750m of the swim he got on an official's jet ski and said 'that's enough' and was taken to shore.

Oh dear. Doesn't help the poor-mans Olympics tag now does it?

A games that represents over a third of the world's population is fairly large, certainly much bigger than the European championships.

A games that represents over a third of the world's population is fairly large, certainly much bigger than the European championships.

Maybe, but you're still missing the big hitters - China, USA, Russia for example.

But if you had them in, it would be the Olympics.

Yeeessss....I think that was my point.

But good luck to them all, even those from rocky outcrops in the Pacific with more penguins than people....hello Niue....you've just not caught my attention.

Yeeessss....I think that was my point.

But good luck to them all, even those from rocky outcrops in the Pacific with more penguins than people....hello Niue....you've just not caught my attention.

As we compete as separate nations; England Scotland etc. It's good way of seeing our up and coming athletes compete on a big stage.

Anyway, Jason Kenny the mens sprint final, He lost in the first round and had to go through repechage but made it to the qtrs, then semi's, and now 1-1 in the final with one race left.....

First swimming GOLD for England, Ben Proud winning 50m Butterfly. Adam Barrett comes 4th :stunned:

Day 2 Medal Table Update;

1. England G12 S11 B9
2. Australia G11 S9 B12
3. Scotland G7 S3 B5
4. Canada G4 S1 B4
5. India G3 S4 B3

England's GOLDS yesterday came in Judo (Owen Livesey, Danny Williams, Megan Fletcher), Cyclng (Joanna Rowsall) and Swimming (Ben Proud & Chris Walker-Hebborn).

Loved the fact that the Jocks didn't like Gary Lineker as BBC's commentor at the opening ceromony in Glasgow.

Otherwise coudn't give a toss.

As it happens, we have a young Glasgow Jock staying here next weekend, (a guest of our younger daughter's,who we met along with his parents in B.A. back in April).

I'll be interested to hear his take on the games.

(He's very much in the Yes camp-like his parents-a Glasgow Uni. Law Lecturer and an IT Consultant,Btw).

Their time will come I'm sure but not in September,IMO.

Loved the fact that the Jocks didn't like Gary Lineker as BBC's commentor at the opening ceromony in Glasgow.

Otherwise coudn't give a toss.

As it happens, we have a young Glasgow Jock staying here next weekend, (a guest of our younger daughter's,who we met along with his parents in B.A. back in April).

I'll be interested to hear his take on the games.

(He's very much in the Yes camp-like his parents-a Glasgow Uni. Law Lecturer and an IT Consultant,Btw).

Their time will come I'm sure but not in September,IMO.

Classic Barna there. Posting in a thread he doesn't care about, just to tell us he doesn't care. Marvellous.

Good to see Hemel boy Max Whitlock grab gold as part of the men's artistic gymnastics team. He trains in south Essex, so the guys on the Essex sports beat like to adopt him as one of theirs too :smile:

Shout out to my boy Will Sharman (I studied at uni with him). Hope he can get gold tonight in the 110m hurdles.

Shout out to my boy Will Sharman (I studied at uni with him). Hope he can get gold tonight in the 110m hurdles.

Silver, would have been gold if he hadn't clipped 8th hurdle, very unlucky.

Tremendous Gold in the swimming 4x100m Medley Relay, England beating the Aussies!

Alex Dowsett from Maldon wins GOLD in the Men's Cycling Road Time Trial! :happy: #TeamEssex

Back