• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guys, I'm not a Ron fan but regarding having MD on our shirts, it kind of depends what else is on the table, doesn't it. If we'd been able to attract a company that would chuck a decent amount of money in, clearly the club would have taken that. If no one was offering proper money, rather than have a mickey mouse sponsor who pays peanuts, I can understand why Ron may consider he's better off listing his own company. It's a business decision, nothing more. When they get a decent sponsor I'm sure MD will back out as they did last time. There is so much more to worry about than this.

Yes there is so much more to worry about -but my original point is that this is an absolute gift in terms of a national platform to register our dissatisfaction about those very things that are taxing us.

I don't post much on here anymore so this is a brief one from me.

To be honest, from much of last season I decided to take a stance of (rightly or wrongly) that I refuse to put anymore of my money into the club whilst Ron Martin is at the helm. That means I no longer go to the games and I don't buy the shirts anymore. I dearly miss going to the games but I've come to a point where I refuse to be mugged off by that man year after year. I don't feel I'm in any position to tell people to do the same but as long as people keep buying the shirts, merchandise and attend the games, nothing will change because he and the club know that however badly they treat the fans with lies and respect, people will still go and line their pockets.

Untill either Ron Martin leaves the club or we actually start building the new stadium, I'm an armchair fan.

To be honest, from much of last season I decided to take a stance of (rightly or wrongly) that I refuse to put anymore of my money into the club whilst Ron Martin is at the helm. That means I no longer go to the games and I don't buy the shirts anymore. I dearly miss going to the games but I've come to a point where I refuse to be mugged off by that man year after year. I don't feel I'm in any position to tell people to do the same but as long as people keep buying the shirts, merchandise and attend the games, nothing will change because he and the club know that however badly they treat the fans with lies and respect, people will still go and line their pockets.

Until either Ron Martin leaves the club or we actually start building the new stadium, I'm an armchair fan.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Untill either Ron Martin leaves the club or we actually start building the new stadium, I'm an armchair fan.

You are entitled to do that certainly.

What do you think would happen if everyone of us did so ?

The club would go out of business and we would have nothing. I personally don't see what that achieves.

If we were like Blackpool when the owners were taking millions of pounds from the club then I might feel differently. Ron has made a royal mess of things, but depriving the club of money and support is just damaging the club, not Ron Martin.

Each to their own but the only person who is mugging you off is yourself. You are missing out on watching the club you love put a team out each week, running onto the Roots Hall pitch, the cheers around the ground, the immense feeling when we score.

What has it achieved you not being there?

So many opinions about RM but let's be honest. If the banks in the UK hadn't stopped lending because of the issues that happened back in the day, the stadium would be here and we would possibly be in the Championship. Blame RM all you like but don't think for one minute that the revenue that comes from your ticket, food, shirt etc goes into his pocket. He is forking out every penny he has to keep us afloat as well as using Sainsburys funds.

So, swallow your pride, get yourself in the right frame of mind and get yourself back to Roots Hall to cheer on the boys in Blue White

Sorry, but you're not a fan in my opinion. Fans stick with the club they love through thick and thin. You're not a supporter either as you're not doing anything in support of the club. If we all did what you did their wouldn't be a Southend united at all. Would you class that as job done? Same goes for anybody else taking the same stance. Plenty of people here have issues with the way the club's being run but still behave as fans and get behind their team. I guess we'll see you when everything's sorted out eh?

I can't stand Ron Martin. He is a parasite and everything that is wrong in the game. People who are paper millionaires haveing the opportunity to run football clubs that the frankly have no idea about.

That said I love the club and the players have been great last season and.I'm sure they will be this season and they get my support. I don't go for Ron I go because I couldn't turn my back on the club when it needs us and I'll be here after Ron Martin has long since left.

Got off your armchair as these hard-working players deserve your support.

I take it you go all of the away games then????

End of the day Ron is not perfect but what can't be denied whether you like it or not this man continues to put his own money in

End of the day Ron is not perfect but what can't be denied whether you like it or not this man continues to put his own money in

Very good point!

Still possible to watch the team without "putting money in Ron's pockets" if the will is there.

As DWB says the money we spend isn't going to Ron anyway, I have no issue with people not liking Ron Martin or what he has put the club through the past 4 or 5 years, but why would anyone deprive themselves of supporting their club? If we only went to games when we had owners we all liked we wouldnt have gone much over the past 30 years :smile:

Whilst I've made it plain what I think of the mess Ron has created I still only see it as him biting off more than he could chew, you just have to look at Blackpool to see what real bad owners can be like, they have just fleeced the club of all the money they made in the Premiership by the look of it.

Objection Your Honour, speculation !

Each to their own but the only person who is mugging you off is yourself. You are missing out on watching the club you love put a team out each week, running onto the Roots Hall pitch, the cheers around the ground, the immense feeling when we score.

What has it achieved you not being there?

So many opinions about RM but let's be honest. If the banks in the UK hadn't stopped lending because of the issues that happened back in the day, the stadium would be here and we would possibly be in the Championship. Blame RM all you like but don't think for one minute that the revenue that comes from your ticket, food, shirt etc goes into his pocket. He is forking out every penny he has to keep us afloat as well as using Sainsburys funds.

So, swallow your pride, get yourself in the right frame of mind and get yourself back to Roots Hall to cheer on the boys in Blue White

This. Well said as usual DWB.

I won't join the protest, as I rather be cheering on SUFC to glory (maybe) and if we goes into administration & lose 10 points, then it's different matter.

Does anyone seriously think that work was going to start on the stadium this summer? We have heard for the last 7 years work would start soon. Im afraid there are dark times ahead and no the club will never die as us fans wont let it but it really doesn't look good right now.

Back