• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our new sponsors

Firstly. I would imagine we could not get another paying sponsor.

Now, far be it for me to dare propose any positivity on SZ but....

Could this be a hint that FF will go ahead during the forthcoming season? I would imagine that as a property developer Ron will use his own company at some point. That would make sense to promote Martin Dawn during the first season of developing a new stadium.

I have nothing to base that theory upon. So no different to the vast majority of suggestions.

As I said on another thread, compulsory orders to clear out remaning shops are not in place as Ron said they are. and the s10 legal agreement is not in place either. building work will not be starting any time soon

As I said on another thread, compulsory orders to clear out remaning shops are not in place as Ron said they are. and the s10 legal agreement is not in place either. building work will not be starting any time soon
I have heard lots of stuff from Ron that didn't happen, but I must have missed him saying we had the CPO's on the remaining shops wee in place

Mismanagement is a wrong word and I retract that, SK was kind enough to call me on this matter to set things straight and the long and short of it is that Martin Dawn has an obligation to pay like any other sponsor and that is also linked it with financial regulations SK is also happy to answer any questions on this at the trusts Q and A. Must admit I do like the shirt though!
Scott, that answer comoletly missed the question. I am happy to conceed thaat MD are paying for the sponsor ship and that there will be a legal covtract in place for this. What I and others fail to understand is from the cluvs perspective what is the difference between MD paying us a number each month, let's call it 100,000,and in the future this figure reduces to £90000 plus £10,000 sponsorship.

Or is MD actually going to be putting in additional cash this year and things are actually far more rosey than we think.

I guess a shorter way of asking the question is 'does this deal mean than the combined payments from RM companies plus shirt sponsor ship will go down this year?

Separately dud betterview sponsor the shorts or something last year. They are now bust

Mismanagement is a wrong word and I retract that, SK was kind enough to call me on this matter to set things straight and the long and short of it is that Martin Dawn has an obligation to pay like any other sponsor and that is also linked it with financial regulations SK is also happy to answer any questions on this at the trusts Q and A. Must admit I do like the shirt though!
Did he confirm we had other offers?

Ignore already answered

How?

May as well of promoted something like Little Havens for free and got a hell of a lot more exposure from it, whilst also doing a good turn for a local charity.

It makes zero sense from a business point of view.

Exactly my thoughts re. Little Havens or similar.
I suspect it makes sense to Ron in business terms as he can claim tax relief on such a deal? Let's face it, where this man is concerned there are NEVER any noble intentions.

Exactly my thoughts re. Little Havens or similar.
I suspect it makes sense to Ron in business terms as he can claim tax relief on such a deal? Let's face it, where this man is concerned there are NEVER any noble intentions.

I wasn't aware that any of the Group companies had made anything but losses for decades. Yet people still keep raising the issue of tax relief. Do you know otherwise?

Just found the site below & was thinking of buying our new style of shirt & having our badge embroidered on it or even a sticker. Anybody know of where I could get a badge embroidered cheaply enough?

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Nike_Football_Shirts?gclid=CPymnNry4r8CFSHItAodL2cA7w

As you can see, it shows how much the club are ripping the fans off, yet again!!

To be fair, we are hardly the only club charging £40+ for an "official" shirt. I would imagine that all designer shirts made by Jack Wills, Hollister, Ralph Lauren etc cost a tiny amount to produce in relation to the retail price. You don't have to buy it though... it's not compulsory.

It's all about demand and supply. If the shirts are a roaring hit and the club sell thousands, then don't expect the price to drop any time soon.

If sales are down, they may look at the pricing next year.

It's a way of getting a bit extra into the coffers. If they make £35 profit per shirt (no idea - it's a guess) and 5000 shirts are sold, then that's a very welcome £175,000 into the club, which will certainly help pay the wage bill.

But whilst fans shell out hundreds on official kit, don't expect any club to drop the prices.

And let's say we were the first to do so, and offloaded them for £20 each. Can you imagine the outcry from many people at how the club are failing to maximise profit opportunities and kissing goodbye to about £100k in much needed cash?

To be fair, we are hardly the only club charging £40+ for an "official" shirt. I would imagine that all designer shirts made by Jack Wills, Hollister, Ralph Lauren etc cost a tiny amount to produce in relation to the retail price. You don't have to buy it though... it's not compulsory.

It's all about demand and supply. If the shirts are a roaring hit and the club sell thousands, then don't expect the price to drop any time soon.

If sales are down, they may look at the pricing next year.

It's a way of getting a bit extra into the coffers. If they make £35 profit per shirt (no idea - it's a guess) and 5000 shirts are sold, then that's a very welcome £175,000 into the club, which will certainly help pay the wage bill.

But whilst fans shell out hundreds on official kit, don't expect any club to drop the prices.

And let's say we were the first to do so, and offloaded them for £20 each. Can you imagine the outcry from many people at how the club are failing to maximise profit opportunities and kissing goodbye to about £100k in much needed cash?

I fully understand that, but it is totally taking the pee out of the fans, especially when the mark up is at least 200%.

The sooner fans stop acting like sheep, the better.

I think I will go down my route & have the added bonus of not advertising Ron's company!!

I fully understand that, but it is totally taking the pee out of the fans, especially when the mark up is at least 200%.

I think I will go down my route & have the added bonus of not advertising Ron's company!!

Think I'll just stick with the classic '88/'89 shirt ;)

Which is exactly how the shift in demand and supply changes. Go for it... if enough people follow your lead or adopt the same stance then the shirts become cheaper.

the trouble is Rich - it's in our blood we can't help ourselves :nope:

Is the shirt being sold by the club or the club shop ?

The club only receive a % from the club shop sales , who set the price ? is it the company that owns the shop ?

I think it is convenient to blame the club but are they really at fault ?

The question is WHY have we not got a new sponsor for this season? Plenty of big local companies around now what with the airport but maybe they didn't want to be associated with SUFC especially after the many public finance related news stories over the last few seasons. Now either Ron is going to be the big hero and all of a sudden have the first turf cut at FF shortly and so Martin Dawn will be an acceptable sponsor OR we had no one else and so he just stuck on his own company rather than leave the shirt blank. My money is on the latter. Great idea to have a charity on it...a real PR coup but missed out on that one. Also how many replica shirts will sell with RM's property development company name on the front of it? Many fans won't buy it out of principal. Poor decisions all round and a loss of badly needed revenue.

Scott, that answer comoletly missed the question. I am happy to conceed thaat MD are paying for the sponsor ship and that there will be a legal covtract in place for this. What I and others fail to understand is from the cluvs perspective what is the difference between MD paying us a number each month, let's call it 100,000,and in the future this figure reduces to £90000 plus £10,000 sponsorship.

Or is MD actually going to be putting in additional cash this year and things are actually far more rosey than we think.

I guess a shorter way of asking the question is 'does this deal mean than the combined payments from RM companies plus shirt sponsor ship will go down this year?

Separately dud betterview sponsor the shorts or something last year. They are now bust

From what I have been told 2 number of paying sponsors were turned down, as to why I don't know but Ron wanted his company on there and as such Martin Dawn will have to pay just like any other sponsor to fall into line with FFP regulations, now if true that shows that things don't appear to look as bad as once thought

If anyone from the club is reading this I am willing to sponsor the team for £100 and for that I just want a silhouette of myself on the front of the shirt similar to The Milk Tray man's calling card.

From what I have been told 2 number of paying sponsors were turned down, as to why I don't know but Ron wanted his company on there and as such Martin Dawn will have to pay just like any other sponsor to fall into line with FFP regulations, now if true that shows that things don't appear to look as bad as once thought

Yet they could have done that AND accepted sponsorship for the away kit which I heard was on offer, which would have meant even more money.

Yet they could have done that AND accepted sponsorship for the away kit which I heard was on offer, which would have meant even more money.

Do we owe Martin Dawn any money? If we offset say 200k (100k per shirt) worth off debts against the sponsorhip money, does that put us in a better position (when filing accounts for example) than taking 50k, as we don't, visibly at least, appear to having any issues with cash flow at the moment?

I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to do the above, or if we do owe MD any momeny, but it's a potential explanation?

Assuming MD pay the club for sponsorship which reduces its corporation tax burden. We get some much needed cash and the man behind it all (Ron) has just in effect moved his cash around behind the scenes. Seems like everyone is a winner all be it I personally would liked to have seen some outside investment.

It may have have been MD were willing to pay a lot more than an outside company for the reasons outlined above.

Back