• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What do you think of the new home shirt?

• Love it

Votes: 66 40.0%
  • It's ok

Votes: 54 32.7%
  • Hmm not fussed

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Don't like it at all

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Love/Like it wont buy it due to sponsor

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I like the homage of sorts to the early 80's shirts, something a bit different from the normal colour scheme.

A reverse of the new away top really would have been a bit too close to the 2002/3 kit!

View attachment 2788

It's the colours they wore when I first started being taken to games so still have fond memories.

80-8152-881312.png

I like it a lot. I'm probably too old to be wearing a football shirt but sod it, this one looks like a buyer.

I like it a lot. I'm probably too old to be wearing a football shirt but sod it, this one looks like a buyer.

Last shirt I bought was 1990/91.

As a '40 something' I'm not one to wear a football shirt in my civilian life and at games prefer a polo shirt, but that said I am considering this one.

Last shirt I bought was 1990/91.

AS a 40 something I'm not one to wear a football shirt in my civilian life and at games prefer a polo shirt, but that said I am considering this one.

I know what you mean (I'm 35). I'm also keeping a close eye on any new ranges that Campo Retro introduce. Tempted by the navy/white Centenario as a way of showing my support for the team this season

http://www.camporetro.com/Shop-By-Collection/Team-Colours

Would've preferred the blue and white the other way round but I think it's growing on me. Looks better when it's tucked in on the players.

Agree, but a really smart design...the best for a long time. Still struggling with the sponsor though!

I think its a really nice looking kit, first kit I have considered buying in years although I do think the £44 price tag is just way too much but that's the way all kits are going now.

Even though I don't actually think that the Martin Dawn logo doesn't look too bad on the shirt itself I just do not like the idea of that company being our sponsor. Plus I may be wrong but I would have thought we have now lost a massive chunk of money as no way can I see the deal being worth anything like the insure and go one.

Agree.....love the kit but it's the sponsor I'm struggling with. We must be losing revenue but it would better than no sponsor at all. Personally I like the idea of a local charity on the shirt. Would shift thousands of replicas and massive good PR too. Aston Villa did it with Acorns Hospice and was really well received.

Agree.....love the kit but it's the sponsor I'm struggling with. We must be losing revenue but it would better than no sponsor at all. Personally I like the idea of a local charity on the shirt. Would shift thousands of replicas and massive good PR too. Aston Villa did it with Acorns Hospice and was really well received.

Exactly.

However, perhaps all this sponsorship "money" Martin Dawn are ploughing in helps the old accounts look a bit healthier. And makes the club look like a "going concern"

Exactly.

However, perhaps all this sponsorship "money" Martin Dawn are ploughing in helps the old accounts look a bit healthier. And makes the club look like a "going concern"

Why the shirt sponsor though, surely they could sponsor a player or something and achieve the same thing and still accept money.

Whole thing makes no sense.

This kit is quite alright, perhaps a little too much white but it's growing on me. If the colours had been inverted then I would have said that this was the best kit we had ever had.

......but we are called "the blues" not "the whites ....oh and a bit of blue"

......but we are called "the blues" not "the whites ....oh and a bit of blue"

Actually we're not called the Blues; we're the Shrimpers (I've never quite figured out why Ron Martin has tried to push the Blues as our nickname).

Anyway I think it's a nice looking kit and with the dark blue shorts and socks it'll look the business.

It's a smart shirt in design - but I'm not happy with it as a southend home shirt. Far too much white (and I'm not against white - loved our white away shirt in late 90's/early 00's. Should be more blue - would be more palatable if back wasn't white as well. In my opinion we should wear blue at home, no issue with white trim, even white shorts - but there is no continuity if we change our kit so much I mean we have a white home kit and an orange (albeit slightly less orange) and black away kit - not exactly the main colours that springs to mind as SUFC kits.

Back