• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does RM really put £100k a month into SUFC ?

• I believe RM does put £100k a month of his own money into keeping SUFC afloat every month

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I believe RM does put £100k into keeping SUFC afloat every month via his other companies

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • I believe £100k a month does come into the club via RM's web of companies but on paper only

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • I don't believe he puts £100k a month in end of

Votes: 56 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can see that the club has a monthly cashflow deficit by just working through the high level numbers (monthly wage bill + PAYE + VAT + general running costs for policing, travel, etc vs 2,500 non-season-ticket sales twice a month) on a piece of paper.

The fact that we seem to meet those obligations now suggests that the money is coming from somewhere.

As a shareholder I haven't seen an account summary in years so the finances of the club are somewhat of a mystery.

Agreed.

Thus my earlier suggestion (not statement) that RM somehow fixes the leak..in the hope of a huge Golden Egg in the form of FF.

But we do not actually know where the cash is coming from.

Which is what I have been saying all along.

His companies would have put the money in at first but since the recession that seems to have stopped and money from the stadium redevelopment has been used, ie Sainsbury.

Where it's coming from now who knows.

As you say the whole point of him keeping the club afloat all along is to get the profit from the stadium. As we have had no murmurs of money issues over the summer when income dries up it must be coming from somewhere, and doubt its his companies.

The whole point of starting this thread was to stimulate debate in these areas;

1/ Do people have an opinion on whether or not the figure of 100k/60k that RM claims to put into the club every month is true or accurate
2/ If true where does it come from
3/ Those who do have an opinion have either voted / posted or both

As for those who say it's none of our business blah blah well actually it is because a football club, although a business, also belongs to the fans in some form, without us it would cease to exist, the team exists to entertain the fans that's the core business. The continued alienation of long standing supporters will eventually result in the demise of the club as future generations will not be encouraged to attend games as kids. Ok there is still a hardcore element that will support the club regardless but it's very short sighted to conveniently ignore what is happening behind the scenes, unless of course those dedicated hard core fans really aren't that bothered as they will just go to the Olympic Stadium or similar if SUFC folds.

The whole point of starting this thread was to stimulate debate in these areas;

1/ Do people have an opinion on whether or not the figure of 100k/60k that RM claims to put into the club every month is true or accurate
2/ If true where does it come from
3/ Those who do have an opinion have either voted / posted or both

As for those who say it's none of our business blah blah well actually it is because a football club, although a business, also belongs to the fans in some form, without us it would cease to exist, the team exists to entertain the fans that's the core business. The continued alienation of long standing supporters will eventually result in the demise of the club as future generations will not be encouraged to attend games as kids. Ok there is still a hardcore element that will support the club regardless but it's very short sighted to conveniently ignore what is happening behind the scenes, unless of course those dedicated hard core fans really aren't that bothered as they will just go to the Olympic Stadium or similar if SUFC folds.

SUFC won't fold

Back