• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do Sainsbury and SUFC "NEED" to come out and say something?

We'd all like them to but they don't need to. Most businesses like to keep their planning to themselves and not discuss them with everyone who wants to know what they are doing.

Staying silent isn't making things worse, its just annoying a few people on an internet forum.

How did you all cope before the internet was invented?

Most businesses hold their AGMs roughly on times and don't insult their shareholders in this way.

Football is not like most businesses. Football clubs live off of the back of the loyalty and (blind?) devotion of their fans.

Lack of information is not just annoying a few people on an internet forum per se; it is in fact annoying a large swathe of the support base, some of whom get together and discuss it on an internet forum !

he's actually a nice enough guy in real life and maybe i was a little harsh with my criticism of him, he probably was given the bare minimum of information and told "make of this what you will" he probably had no time to prep, his researchers probably didn't do a great job and it made him look for a story which wasn't there (i mean the investment into roots hall and the facilities that lacked!)

Well one point he was trying to push was that the longer the stadium goes on the more fans will stop going to games, total nonsense.

I don't think he brought up the dilapidated stadium issue. For someone not involved it is a not unreasonable assumption that if facilities become increasingly poor, numbers will drop off. He obviously isn't aware of the benign tolerance of football fans to being poorly treated as long as it's happening on the pitch.

I don't think he brought up the dilapidated stadium issue. For someone not involved it is a not unreasonable assumption that if facilities become increasingly poor, numbers will drop off. He obviously isn't aware of the benign tolerance of football fans to being poorly treated as long as it's happening on the pitch.

He just didnt seem to grasp anything.

Would be better if one of the BBC Essex sports guys had done it.

Well done McN. My hat comes off to you, it takes bal.s to be interviewed live on Radio!! Cheers fella good job !!

Most businesses hold their AGMs roughly on times and don't insult their shareholders in this way.

Football is not like most businesses. Football clubs live off of the back of the loyalty and (blind?) devotion of their fans.

Lack of information is not just annoying a few people on an internet forum per se; it is in fact annoying a large swathe of the support base, some of whom get together and discuss it on an internet forum !

Most shareholders of shares in a football club know full well that a football club is not like any other business. They don't invest and expect a return or any say in what goes on, but just for the sake of saying they own shares in "their" club.

If the shareholders are unhappy at the lack of an AGM they can get together and call for one. I seem to recall its only 10% of the shareholders that are needed, but as over 84% of the shares are held by just 6 shareholders and nearly every other shareholder has .0003% of a holding, I wish you the best of luck with that! I bet the vast majority of shareholders never have (nor will) attend an AGM anyway.

If someone is annoyed and not a shareholder, then unfortunately its just bad luck. I personally think you are over estimating the amount of the "large swathe of the support base" its annoying. As I've said before, I go to football to watch a game, chat with mates and relieve a bit of the weeks stress. I really couldn't give a stuff about RM either way. As others have said, I think he bit off more than he could chew, robbed Peter to pay Paul, juggled money about where need be and is trying to make the best of a bad job. Will he make it work? Who knows, but while Southend are trickling along at Roots Hall, I'll be there to watch them whoever is running the show.

Awful interview.

This is unfair and you are a terrible person for saying this. This man has just gone onto live radio and answered questions that he did not know where coming. I think it was a great interview. Well done mate, i think BKDside should buy you a beer

This is unfair and you are a terrible person for saying this. This man has just gone onto live radio and answered questions that he did not know where coming. I think it was a great interview. Well done mate, i think BKDside should buy you a beer

Im sure he meant from the perspective of the interviewer.

McNasty came across well.

I was disappointed you never got to pick your favourites songs.................

Back