• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
I reckon we're going to sign someone this afternoon. No idea who, although Fagan, Layne and Mad Max could all be likely candidates. It may spill over to Saturday or Monday but today is the day another jigsaw piece falls into place.

I'm also calling that a further piece falls into place Thursday or Friday.

You are Agent Jim and I claim my £5.

I'm basing everything on Beefy's theory and Fagan will sign today.

I just bumped into Ricky Wilson of the Kaiser Chiefs , but all he predicted was a riot.........................

I was talking to an agent this morning that I do some work with and he said you have little chance of getting a decent prem or championship loan until the squad numbers are announced. Once players realise they don't have a quad number they will consider a loan they wouldn't have done before.

I predict there will be some additions to the squad in the next week and many fans will be refilled with positivity and begin to spout about us going on to win the league with 'the best team on paper in lg 2'. I further predict we will begin the season light on defensive cover and still lacking sufficient firepower.

I was talking to an agent this morning that I do some work with and he said you have little chance of getting a decent prem or championship loan until the squad numbers are announced. Once players realise they don't have a quad number they will consider a loan they wouldn't have done before.

This implies that in all cases the process for a player finding this out is the announcement of the squad numbers by their club to the wider world. I find this a little difficult to believe. I can't imagine, for example, that some managers wouldn't have this discussion with their player ahead of the announcement.

Didn't brown say that theres going to be another behind closed doors game today? Maybe not the day for deals to be completed. But who knows.

Think I read somewhere that today was a Southend v Southend xi game behind closed doors

I was just thinking the same. I think with the turn of the month coupled with the imminent start to the season, we're likely to see more activity on bringing in players. Fagan almost certainly going to sign in my opinion.

What marvellous powers of seeing into the future we all have.

I predict that it will be a long hard season as this is a difficult league to get out of. :unsure:

But we have as much chance as any other team (actually more chance perhaps as we have more resources than many other clubs) and therefore I await 3:00 p.m. on Saturday 9th with anticipation and a slight drool of saliva from the corner of my mouth.

The position may be quite different come 3:15 p.m. though ........... :whistling:

This implies that in all cases the process for a player finding this out is the announcement of the squad numbers by their club to the wider world. I find this a little difficult to believe. I can't imagine, for example, that some managers wouldn't have this discussion with their player ahead of the announcement.

Player get injured ahead of you, some train well in pre-season some don't, outside transfer targets don't materialise, some players get moves, dynamics of a squad changes. Im sure some young lads are told at the start you are going out on loan but for a lot of players it depends how pre-season goes for them and the clubs.

Believe it or not it what a top agent with about 40 prem / champ players told me today.

Player get injured ahead of you, some train well in pre-season some don't, outside transfer targets don't materialise, some players get moves, dynamics of a squad changes. Im sure some young lads are told at the start you are going out on loan but for a lot of players it depends how pre-season goes for them and the clubs.

Believe it or not it what a top agent with about 40 prem / champ players told me today.

I agree. My point is that it's the part in bold above that's important and not necessarily the announcement by the club of squad numbers.

Back