• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour's manifesto should be out next week, along with those of all the other parties-including UKIP's.

Meanwhile here's a link to some already published policies.

http://www.labour.org.uk/pages/changing-britain-together

http://b.3cdn.net/labouruk/89012f856521e93a4d_phm6bflfq.pdf

Opened the first link and clicked on the first video, hence bollocks and lies flowed forth. I mean, if Labour think they can really con people that easy then they should set a few 'which cup is the ball under' scams.

http://http://www.reinisfischer.com/minimum-wages-european-union-2014

The most recent figures I can find for minimum wage which is just another word for low pay. I notice they never mentioned tax credits which help bump your money up.

http://http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/march-2015/statistical-bulletin.html

They seemed to have glossed over this little snippet as well.

OK - please help me with the maths as I'm clearly missing something.

6 were found guilty.

6 were Labour MP's

To imply that there were also some guilty Tories / Lib Dems left over shows that your grasp of the numbers is as strong as Labours.

The expenses scandal is pretty much old news for most people but if you are still finding it of interest then google these two Tory characters and revise your list:

Paul White, Baron Hanningfield

John Taylor, Baron Taylor of Warwick

'These disclosures dominated the British media for weeks, with the findings being considered to show flagrant and sometimes gross misuse of the expenses system for personal gain by many MPs (including Government and shadow cabinet ministers) across all parties.'

What manifesto? He hasn't released a single policy on paper, just hints in front of selected audiences and scaremongering over that old favorite, the NHS. According to him, everything will be paid for by the 'Mansion Tax' those awful rich people and fresh air.

Opened the first link and clicked on the first video, hence bollocks and lies flowed forth. I mean, if Labour think they can really con people that easy then they should set a few 'which cup is the ball under' scams.

http://http://www.reinisfischer.com/minimum-wages-european-union-2014

The most recent figures I can find for minimum wage which is just another word for low pay. I notice they never mentioned tax credits which help bump your money up.

http://http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/march-2015/statistical-bulletin.html

They seemed to have glossed over this little snippet as well.

Pity you din't click on the second link:-http://b.3cdn.net/labouruk/89012f856521e93a4d_phm6bflfq.pdf

If you had, you would have found ten specific policies that Labour have outlined ahead of their manifest launch, (under the heading Labour will).

Meanwhile, since this is actually a UKIP thread, (rather than a Labour one), perhaps you could enlighten us as to what policy differences UKIP have with the Tories, (apart from the obvious one of leaving the EU asap)?

So left-wing protesters do a conga through a pub where farage is having a meal. He blows up the story, talking about physical assault and his kids running off scared, although there's little evidence to support that and contradictory reports.

And then miliband gets pushed and shoved by right wing protesters, and miliband plays the story down and it gets little coverage.

Say what you want about miliband but at least he's trying not to be divisive and stir things.

Farage is a ********.

apparently the demo or whatever you want to call it was organised at Tory HQ

A sinister Tory plot to use flashmobs to derail Ed Miliband’s election campaign can be revealed.

Concealing their identity with masks of SNP leader Alex Salmond, Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has found the protest was organised by Tim Smith, a press officer at Conservative HQ, which is headed by party chairman Grant Shapps under PM David Cameron.

The alarming incident in London on Thursday has raised fears about politicians’ safety as the General Election battle heats up.

apparently the demo or whatever you want to call it was organised at Tory HQ

A sinister Tory plot to use flashmobs to derail Ed Miliband’s election campaign can be revealed.

Concealing their identity with masks of SNP leader Alex Salmond, Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has found the protest was organised by Tim Smith, a press officer at Conservative HQ, which is headed by party chairman Grant Shapps under PM David Cameron.

The alarming incident in London on Thursday has raised fears about politicians’ safety as the General Election battle heats up.

It is rather sinister turn by the Tories, who must be running scared.

As usual, the Tories lied about the incident:

However, the Tories "categorically" denied that anybody working for them or known to them went anywhere near Mr Miliband.
A senior source told the Telegraph: "To suggest anything else is a lie."

What manifesto? He hasn't released a single policy on paper, just hints in front of selected audiences and scaremongering over that old favorite, the NHS. According to him, everything will be paid for by the 'Mansion Tax' those awful rich people and fresh air.

Of course, the Tories haven't even released a whiff of what their manifesto might contain because Cameron hastily ordered it be rewritten earlier this month after BoJo's brother ****ed it up to such an extent that Cameron had no faith in presenting it.

Firstly Mr Grout, your link doesn't work, and I am in sunny Southend.

UKIP, where do you start......

Farage and flash mobs. A big news story over nothing. It kinda goes with the territory; maybe some security (no, not Britain First) like other political leaders. What I would say is that if your kids were so scared they ran away, you should be out looking for them and not sending out your neighbours whilst you write about it on your blog. It smacks of a made up story and woeismeism.

I'd certainly be concerned if any prospective MP was making comments like "what happens when the sustainable energy runs out" and "turn your lights on for Earth Hour". It doesn't come across as knowledgeable or sensible. Small children are able to capture the arguments better than that.

I'd also be concerned at the number of former prospective candidates who have had to resign or be removed because they make racist and homophobic comments. And then some of them stand by them. Poor old Nigel, it must be hard for him not to drown himself in drink when these stories break.

Also, wasn't it ironic that Farage preaches a mantra of not letting people in unless they're invited, then he turns up the Cameron / Miliband tv "debate" uninvited.

Even in Southend, UKIP are not able to show a semblence of party unity, their leader appears to be voting with the Tories now and saying some unkind things about his (former) colleagues.

The real thing about UKIP is that they are a protest party. If there is a referendum about our continued involvement in the EU, and it is lost, then UKIP cease to have a raisonne d'etre. Then what???

Of course in the real word UKIP wont get enough votes to get more than a handful of MPs, and no sensible political party would touch them with a barge pole as part of a coalition, mainly because they couldn't be trusted and would demand things they wont get.

What might happen though is that UKIP take enough votes from the Tories (and this is why Cameron champions the Greens) to throw Dishface out of Number 10.

This not a party political comment on behalf of any party, I am as disillusioned with the system as others are. I know if you put a blue rosette on a toaster in Southend East it would win. And probably do a better job than the present incumbent.

Firstly Mr Grout, your link doesn't work, and I am in sunny Southend.

UKIP, where do you start......

Farage and flash mobs. A big news story over nothing. It kinda goes with the territory; maybe some security (no, not Britain First) like other political leaders. What I would say is that if your kids were so scared they ran away, you should be out looking for them and not sending out your neighbours whilst you write about it on your blog. It smacks of a made up story and woeismeism.

I'd certainly be concerned if any prospective MP was making comments like "what happens when the sustainable energy runs out" and "turn your lights on for Earth Hour". It doesn't come across as knowledgeable or sensible. Small children are able to capture the arguments better than that.

I'd also be concerned at the number of former prospective candidates who have had to resign or be removed because they make racist and homophobic comments. And then some of them stand by them. Poor old Nigel, it must be hard for him not to drown himself in drink when these stories break.

Also, wasn't it ironic that Farage preaches a mantra of not letting people in unless they're invited, then he turns up the Cameron / Miliband tv "debate" uninvited.

Even in Southend, UKIP are not able to show a semblence of party unity, their leader appears to be voting with the Tories now and saying some unkind things about his (former) colleagues.

The real thing about UKIP is that they are a protest party. If there is a referendum about our continued involvement in the EU, and it is lost, then UKIP cease to have a raisonne d'etre. Then what???

Of course in the real word UKIP wont get enough votes to get more than a handful of MPs, and no sensible political party would touch them with a barge pole as part of a coalition, mainly because they couldn't be trusted and would demand things they wont get.

What might happen though is that UKIP take enough votes from the Tories (and this is why Cameron champions the Greens) to throw Dishface out of Number 10.

This not a party political comment on behalf of any party, I am as disillusioned with the system as others are. I know if you put a blue rosette on a toaster in Southend East it would win. And probably do a better job than the present incumbent.

Well said Lord Football, I have read all your political postings and they sum up the situation. It is a lose, lose election. I will vote, as I believe it is duty, however it will be a case of voting for the least dis-likable party (individual candidates with few exceptions are irrelevant). Southend West is as blue rinse as an elderly ladies hair style in the 60's; with a limp, waster tory twit bound to get re-elected so he can spin his properties some more while claiming his max expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back