• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what the team will be - especially as we are due to sign a bus load of players today.

I am, however, a little worried about the pitch and the weather - the forecast I saw had a whole ocean coming down on Lancashire on Friday.

And memories of the cancelled game a couple of years ago are still fresh in the mind. :sad:

......................................................Bents....................................................
Whitey....................Mads....................................Pross....................Cokes
Hursty.............Lenny...................Cliffo...................Willo.................Westo
.................................................Bazza....................................................

Barny,Shaq,Smiffy, Thommo,Payney,Browny,Faygs

Bentley

White - Bolger (if signed) - Mads - Coker

Atkinson - Lenny - Clifford

Weston - Corr - Hurst

Thats what I'd go for, and I'm confident of a strong start coming away with all 3 points. 0-2 win.

Coyb.

Bentley
White - Thompson - Prosser - Coker
Hurst - Leonard - Clifford - Atkinson
Corr - Weston​

How I think we'll line up.

Will this David Worrall not be pushing for a start then, or is he not fit?

I wonder if Hurst may be used in a central role (with Leaonard & Wilkinson/clifford behind) and both the new wide men either side? I guess away in the first game of the season that may be a little adventurous however...

Sorry to disagree with you all, but going by last seasons form and this years pre season friendly matches that Iv'e seen Hurst would not get in my team as a first choice.

Sorry to disagree with you all, but going by last seasons form and this years pre season friendly matches that Iv'e seen Hurst would not get in my team as a first choice.

What, last seasons form where he got 13 assists and 11 goals? Not bad for a player out of form...

This is a very hard team sheet to select.
For sure Dan will be GK.
JW and Cokes will be the full backs
Lenny and Willo will be middies.
BBBC will be up top.

The other five are just guess work, maybe training ground partnerships, balance, slight niggles etc will make Mr Brown's decisions and also what he is expecting from Accers.

I am guessing also that we will likely be a 4 4 3; as PB liked to suggest we were last season: this year if he plays Weston and the Spurs Loanees/forward we might be that in reality.

.............................Bentley............................
White........Mads/Bolger........Prosser...........Coker
.............................Clifford.......................
..................Leonard..........Atkinson..............
Hurst.....................Corr...........................Weston

Can't help but feel with Brown that 4-4-2 will be left for home matches

I've not seen that much of Worrell ,remember him being useful with Bury but surely he'd be a better bet than Atkinson going forwards.Atkinson does run around a lot but doesnt beat men ,cross from wide,set-up or score goals.

Id Like to see...

Bentley
White Mads Prosser Coker
Hurst Lenny Worrell
Shaq Bazza Weston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back