• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I don't usually get to excited at the pre-season stage but I think this year we have now assembled a squad not just to win games and push on up the league but one that will play great football.

I really think we have a great team in place to manage the team and take the club foward.

It would be great to start seeing regular 8k gates piling in to watch entertaining football.

Can't wait to get going now.

UTB

Yet 3 days ago we had doom and gloom on here and people saying there must "be something going on".

Amazing what a bit of patience can do (and 3 signings:smile:)

Dont see us getting regular 8k crowds in League Two unless we are in the top 3 and only then towards the end of the season.

The only concern for me is Goals unless Corr gets games i struggle to see goald up top, lets hope the rest of the lads chip in

Yes getting excited too, just can't understand why the fixtures couldn't work a closer opener rather than a 4 hour trek up norffff. With clubs loosing money and needing revenue like never before you would think that a nailed on banker for a good turnout would be to pitch sides closer together geographically.

Yet 3 days ago we had doom and gloom on here and people saying there must "be something going on".

Amazing what a bit of patience can do (and 3 signings:smile:)

Dont see us getting regular 8k crowds in League Two unless we are in the top 3 and only then towards the end of the season.

Absolutely this, although I think it's 4 signings.

I don't usually get to excited at the pre-season stage but I think this year we have now assembled a squad not just to win games and push on up the league but one that will play great football.

I really think we have a great team in place to manage the team and take the club foward.

It would be great to start seeing regular 8k gates piling in to watch entertaining football.

UTB

Kinda stole my thunder as I was going to post the exact same thing. :smile:

The only concern for me is Goals unless Corr gets games i struggle to see goald up top, lets hope the rest of the lads chip in

It's not goals that's been the problem it's the lack of supply and pace out wide. We will smash teams this year

There are going to be some strong teams battling for promo this season so I think it will be very tight at the top with not much between them. Would love to see us make RH a fortress but we'll probably blow that in the first home game! As we all know it will be another roller coaster on board the Shrimper Express.

Yes getting excited too, just can't understand why the fixtures couldn't work a closer opener rather than a 4 hour trek up norffff. With clubs loosing money and needing revenue like never before you would think that a nailed on banker for a good turnout would be to pitch sides closer together geographically.

Yep a closer game would have been better. Plus the fact it looks like Winter has already started in Lancashire and we know how well we played in the wind and rain last season!

Just had a look through all the Football League opening day fixtures and there is only one real derby game and that is Brentford v Charlton. It looks like they do not schedule close games for the opening day games.

Probably an opportunity for the low gate games to get a bigger than average crowd, than if they were played in mid winter, is possibly the logic used by the powers that be.

UTB

Actually logged on to post a similar thread to this. After several seasons of non descript football and times during that period when I was thinking whats the point I do believe we have a great squad which we managed to keep the core of and add some quality where its needed. Absolutely buzzing for this season now. Lets hope I still feel like this come Xmas:winking:
Credit where credits due to PB and his backroom staff as well as, and I know this will upset some people, Ron Martin.
COYB!!

So who is going to give Ron a bit of praise for allowing Brown to get in the players he wanted? Been.so much negativity on here about umbongo etc but the last few days have seen us build the team we need for promotion. Bolger is a great signing.

Also is the fact that we have retained our best player whilst adding better players than those that left and also all bar one are ours.

Stop it! All this excitement will make Wiggy very cross. And providing we make a poor start she'll let you know just how cross she is. If we make a good start though I doubt we'll hear from her.

Well, the first 6 games are pretty much a lottery - players getting to know each other, different starting XI, changes in formation and all that.

Look at last season ...........first 3 games - 9 points. Next 3 games - 0 points.

Hash tag: Gettingoutofthisdivisionisn'teasy

Back