• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keeper wise the following stick in my mind:

Royce v Bradford (H) in Championship (equivalent) relegation battle
Flavs v Man United, simply awesome
Mildenhall v Chelsea, solid performance and that Worldy Save
Paul Smith v Brentford in FA Cup replay loss

Outfield players, Freddy produced some great performances, Maher, Gower too. Leonard was swashbuckling against Millwall in the Cup last season.

I'd have to agree re the keepers, although I seem to remember Roycey also having an absolute belter at Palace in a 2-0 defeat, without him it could have genuinely been 10. Royce also made perhaps the best save I've ever seen a Blues keeper make in that Bradford home game from their Brazilian striker Edinho. Outstanding reactions.

Outfield you'd have to list Collymore vs Brizzle Rovers IMHO, along with a fair few Eastwood displays in 2005/6 especially. Even Francis Laurent was totally unplayable on his debut vs Leeds! Otto also had some stunning games too in his time.

Mohsni at Northampton or Barratt in the sand at Colchester ha ha.
Flahavan at home v Man Utd was pretty good too.

Mario Walsh away at Alder**** many years ago. We won 5-0. He didn't score, but made or had a hand in every goal. I also think it was the only decent game he had for us.

Keeper wise the following stick in my mind:

Royce v Bradford (H) in Championship (equivalent) relegation battle
Flavs v Man United, simply awesome
Mildenhall v Chelsea, solid performance and that Worldy Save
Paul Smith v Brentford in FA Cup replay loss

Outfield players, Freddy produced some great performances, Maher, Gower too. Leonard was swashbuckling against Millwall in the Cup last season.

The only thing about Flavs performance is that whilst he made several saves, you'd have been disappointed if he'd let any of them in.

For me, Smiths was the best keeping performance I've seen by a Blues goalie.

Billy Wall v Orient in Essex prof cup memory is waning but think it was circa 1957/58

I would go for the Billy Best performance...but legend that he is - it was against Brentwood.
So, perhaps Richard Cadette against The Little O's.
How long did it take Billy to score the last 4 goals

Billy is THE king. But no matter how fantastic he was..those five goals came against a very poor Brentwood. Even Billy would admit to that. Not sure how quick the last four were..I was six and a hazy, wonderful memory. As is Kings Lynn 9-0. I wonder if and other team has won 9-0 and 10-1 in suuccessive rounds of any cup?? - let alone the FA Cup.

Richard Cadette scored four in an awful side (desperately poor team) against league opposition, on his debut, against the club he just signed from. I am certain Sir Billy would doff his crown to that!

Billy is THE king. But no matter how fantastic he was..those five goals came against a very poor Brentwood. Even Billy would admit to that. Not sure how quick the last four were..I was six and a hazy, wonderful memory. As is Kings Lynn 9-0. I wonder if any other team has won 9-0 and 10-1 in suuccessive rounds of any cup?? - let alone the FA Cup.

Richard Cadette scored four in an awful side (desperately poor team) against league opposition, on his debut, against the club he just signed from. I am certain Sir Billy would doff his crown to that!

was at peterborough,think it was 1970,we won 4-3, or should i say pufc.3.Billy Best 4..he scored all four...top,top player

A lot younger than most on here, but I thought Laurent's game against Leeds (his first start IIRC) was the one that shot his expectation levels up.

Back