• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frank Lampard lol ,I remember takeing my son who was 7 at the time to see Southend play , I said to him that I was just going to the toilet , when I came back he said to me , Dad what is a pratt , I said why do you want to know ,he said that Shane Westley just called Frank Lampard one , watching Frank you had to agree .

I bet Mrs sosborne was well impressed when young'un came home with his newly acquired vocabulary :omg:

If you were allowing ex Blues in teams against us, then Simon Royce, in goal for QPR, THAT game where Maher played a blinder.

In his 1[SUP]st[/SUP] season Prosser was awful every time he played, never thought he’d be the player he is now

remember the "boo boys" giving Brian Lloyd a lot of stick,also our "old" number 3 , Owen Simpson,got a lot of it..must be hard playing,at home!!, getting it from your own fans

I'll stick with Frank Lampard...but does anyone remember a striker way back in the early 70's - Steve Lamb??

Yes, he was my brother's best mate - how dare you!!!

Steve Hatter played 61 times for Southend and he takes places 1-61 on the list of worst appearences in a single game for Southend. Number 62 is Mark Prudhoe at Barnet away, and 63 Bilel Mohsni in the JPT Final.

Mick Bodley & Graham Bressington - Burnley away - New years eve about 1993 - I was only about 13/14 but it still haunts me to this day.

You knew it was going to be a bad day as we forgot our kit and had to play in there green kit, we basically got thumped about 5-1 or 5-0 - Just recall them walking through our defence at will.

On the way home Dad and I nearly got stuck somewhere like Stoke due to a delayed train and the Dad had a row with a bloke in the cab rank who tried to nick our cab.

Almost put me off for life.

I'll stick with Frank Lampard...but does anyone remember a striker way back in the early 70's - Steve Lamb??
The thing with Steve was that he was not popular because he had upset a lot of the Old Leigh Comm .

By far the worst performance and career at the Blues was that fifteen minutes or so that Bedsente Gomis played against Exeter last season. Managed to play a big part in throwing away our lead, tripped over the ball twice, passed it to a Blue shirt once. Was like a kid at school who was making up numbers....what did Brown seen in training for the 3/4 months he was training with us!!!!

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Steve Lamb was the first Romany to play for Southend long before Freddie Eastwood .

Mick Bodley & Graham Bressington - Burnley away - New years eve about 1993 - I was only about 13/14 but it still haunts me to this day.

You knew it was going to be a bad day as we forgot our kit and had to play in there green kit, we basically got thumped about 5-1 or 5-0 - Just recall them walking through our defence at will.

On the way home Dad and I nearly got stuck somewhere like Stoke due to a delayed train and the Dad had a row with a bloke in the cab rank who tried to nick our cab.

Almost put me off for life.

Did we finish with 9 men that game? I seem to think we either had 2 sent off or scored 2 own goals, with Bressington amongst the culprits.

Can't believe people are nominating Mohsni. Playing a new role he was ineffective but that's not even the worse performance in a final by a long shot, which belongs to Nosliw Ehc's horror show.

My two shouts (Che at Sheff Wed and Joe Allon being subbed as sub) have already been mentioned, so I'll instead mention Dr*we Br****ton. I think it was Bristol Rovers (but it could be any one of many). We won a penalty in front of the South Bank and up stepped Dr*we to take it. He'd been his usual self that day, demonstrating a touch heavier than Michael Ricketts, and a mobility more associated with those queuing in the post office on pension day, whilst conceding a free-kicks every couple of minutes and when he stepped up there wasn't a single person in the ground who believed Dr*we would score.

He promptly placed it about five yards wide, the ball barely going out for a goal kick so poorly was it struck.

He was never going to be a regular because of Chris Guthrie and Peter Silvester.

Last edited:
Did we finish with 9 men that game? I seem to think we either had 2 sent off or scored 2 own goals, with Bressington amongst the culprits.

Can't believe people are nominating Mohsni. Playing a new role he was ineffective but that's not even the worse performance in a final by a long shot, which belongs to Nosliw Ehc's horror show.

My two shouts (Che at Sheff Wed and Joe Allon being subbed as sub) have already been mentioned, so I'll instead mention Dr*we Br****ton. I think it was Bristol Rovers (but it could be any one of many). We won a penalty in front of the South Bank and up stepped Dr*we to take it. He'd been his usual self that day, demonstrating a touch heavier than Michael Ricketts, and a mobility more associated with those queuing in the post office on pension day, whilst conceding a free-kicks every couple of minutes and when he stepped up there wasn't a single person in the ground who believed Dr*we would score.

He promptly placed it about five yards wide, the ball barely going out for a goal kick so poorly was it struck.

Yes I think you are right. it was Monsoon season in Burnley and I think everyone wanted to get sent off. My football stickers got soaked too I seem to recall.

Back