• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only downside was that less than 5000 home fans were there.

thought attendance was ok considering its still holiday season.

It's V Festival as well

Yesterday's attendance was actually very good for the time of year. Only in our very first spell in the fourth tier from 1966 to 1972 did we manage consistently higher attendances.

Compare yesterday's attendance with the closest Saturday (or Friday night) home League game to 16th August that we have played in this division and you will find that only twice in the 18 seasons we have spent in the fourth tier since 1976 has the crowd been bigger - last year against Northampton (attendance just 113 more than yesterday, although 278 more home fans) and on 12 August 2000, when 7,492 saw us beat Brighton and Hove Albion 2-0.

So a third-highest attendance for the middle of August in 18 seasons in the fourth tier isn't too bad in my book. Yesterday's crowd was even bigger than the equivalent match in three of the six seasons we spent in the then First Division in the 1990s.

Westley curiously commented on the impact of a "large" crowd on some of his former non-league players. They'd better get used to it as our attendances are only going to get bigger this season.

Westley curiously commented on the impact of a "large" crowd on some of his former non-league players. They'd better get used to it as our attendances are only going to get bigger this season.

Why, how many more times are they playing here ?

What I found interesting is that I remember Stevenage coming to RH in the past and dominating us physically. It was men against boys. Yesterday we more than matched them which shows the progress we've made over the last so many years.

This team (at the moment) is the best team we've had in a very long while.

Good to hear BBBC had a good match, was a little worried about him after last week's showing at Accrington.

With both Matt Tubbs & Ade Akinfenwa to contend with on Tuesday, did we need to kill ourselves? We have to pace ourselves.

Which is why I was surprised that Leonard and Corr, who was my man of the match, weren't given the last 20 minutes off. They are our two key players and both put themselves about. Given Stevenage have only physicality to offer and we're playing again Tuesday it seemed strange not to take the opportunity at 2-0 up and in cruise control to give them an early rest.

Which is why I was surprised that Leonard and Corr, who was my man of the match, weren't given the last 20 minutes off. They are our two key players and both put themselves about. Given Stevenage have only physicality to offer and we're playing again Tuesday it seemed strange not to take the opportunity at 2-0 up and in cruise control to give them an early rest.

So Phil takes them off then Stevo score and we have game on!,Phil would have been pilloried !

I agree in part - and I would have had the subs straight on had a third gone in ......... that would have been a good opportunity for some players to get a few minutes under their belt ........

Doubt there's any chance of Lenny being subbed until Will or Tims are back. What did you expect, a partnership of Clifford and Payne in there?

Back