• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Under 18's Match Report Youth Team Register First Win - Saturday 16th August 2014

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
An extremely inexperienced Southend United U18s side recorded their first victory of 2014/15 as they overcame Leyton Orient U18s 2-1 at Boots & Laces.

Rob Craven's match report can be found here.

I happened to be in the area in the morning, so visited The Boots n Laces.
Until I read this, I wasn't overly impressed with Southend, Orient were the better side and the best player on the pitch was their lad in the middle who turns out to be Freddie Moncur, son of John, younger brother of George (on loan from West Ham at Colchester, scored today in their defeat to Bristol City)
However, now I know that there were a number of first years playing today, my view has completely changed. At this level, age, experience and the physical development side of the game really does matter. They worked hard and I noticed how they supported each other - the win will give these kids a massive boost. What also must give these kids that little bit extra was that Phil Brown was there too, watching the match quite intently may I add. How good for the kids to know that he's there on the touchline.
The best Southend lad in my opinion was the right back, great awareness, positional sense, attitude, strength and ability on the ball - one to watch out for. Even on the back of only watching this match, he should make the grade. I think his name is Jordan Williams.

So I guess this is the first time I've gone to watch Southend United if you discount the three matches at Upton Park since 1991- won't be long before I make it to Roots Hall now.
I ruined it all by rushing to The Boleyn to see my lot get turned over right at the end. Well I guess they owed us that after getting done three times last season. Should have just stayed in the area to make my RH debut instead - a really positive day for Southend United. I also noticed SHRIMPERS TRUST on the front of the shirt.

Quick question, I know Connor Clifford is an irish lad and moved to england a couple of years back, assuming he moved over with family, Is Tom Clifford any relation?

Quick question, I know Connor Clifford is an irish lad and moved to england a couple of years back, assuming he moved over with family, Is Tom Clifford any relation?

We are not aware he's a relation, although we don't know for sure; he is quite short like Connor!

Back