• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

Prosser and Bolger in the middle, no question. Not sure the Mad One is ready for exposure to those two forwards. I wouldn't change anything from Saturday except maybe sub earlier, one thing is for sure, we need pace if either Barrett or Phillips plays.

Why would he change a winning team? We look rock solid and have plenty of attacking threat. Should be a good game.

I think there could be some confusion in our defence tomorrow , because if Prosser says "I will mark Tubbs" , then Bolger could be forgiven in thinking he meant Akinfenwa............ !

I was at their game against Luton on Saturday and both teams I can't see causing us a problem if we play to our full potential! Wimbledons game plan is as you expect to hoof it to Akinfenwa to flick on to Tubbs its route one all game! Defensively they are worrying from set pieces and were lucky not to concede from several against Luton. One player to look out for is Sean Rigg their LM who looked a different class on Saturday, a one off game maybe but he could cause some problems. Wimbledon rely on their defence so I reckon we might have to try and grind out a 1-0.

I doubt that Adam Barratt will exactly be Mr. Slugg just because he is a bit older. 88 games for Gillingham in 2 years, and Peter Taylor said he returned pre -season fitter than he had ever seen him Experience counts for a lot at this level as well. He may also feel there is a point to be made following his departure and lack of vital ingredient ...pay. Many on here thought we should have kept Phillips, now they are both portrayed as dead wood. I hope they are!! but how often are we turned over by ex players?

I wonder if there will be a thought to rest anyone for a bit? Probably start with the same winning line up. but would like to see Jack Payne and Isaac Layne on as subs a bit earlier to run at Barratt and Phillips if he is playing?

experience can count for a bit in terms of positioning, but its not going to win them any races against weston or coulthirst

Not really worked for Tubbs after Bournemouth paid all that cash. Surprised to see him back at this level, a great signing for them. A very dangerous front two for us to face.

I wonder if there will be a thought to rest anyone for a bit? Probably start with the same winning line up. but would like to see Jack Payne and Isaac Layne on as subs a bit earlier to run at Barratt and Phillips if he is playing?

The season is 3 games old? If anyone needs a rest, they probably aren't cut out for professional football

I can't wait for this game, Wimbledon have a really strong side now, They have goals from Tubbs and Akinfenwa, they have Pace from Saint-Luce (a young French winger) Jake Nicholson (ex Tottenham) and Also Azeez (Who Brown looked at) and a experienced back line. I would happily take a draw against the wombles

I can't wait for this game, Wimbledon have a really strong side now, They have goals from Tubbs and Akinfenwa, they have Pace from Saint-Luce (a young French winger) Jake Nicholson (ex Tottenham) and Also Azeez (Who Brown looked at) and a experienced back line. I would happily take a draw against the wombles

I, on the other hand, would happily take three points from them. And I fully expect that we will!!!

I can only pray that Barrett and Phillips play. The only concern I have is Tubbs and the fact we will probably need to outscore the Wombles. I seriously doubt it will be goalless from either side.

Last 2 times Barrett played against us he dominated Tomlin & Assambalonga. Lets hope his dropped his level over the last year

I, on the other hand, would happily take three points from them. And I fully expect that we will!!!

Absolutely this, why should we fear anyone. I thought Stevenage would be tough on Saturday and we got the game won early. Many in the media think we are fancied to do well this year so why worry about Wimbledon. We have also signed some good players and improved an already good squad. It will be tough tomorrow and as others have said fat boy and tubbs may cause us problems but nothing the likes of Prosser and Bolger can't handle. Bolger has spent all preseason playing for Bolton against good opposition, I doubt these two will worry him.

Back