• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 30

Yes, got be happy with that. Would have preferred it at home, but should get through. If I do it will be another 200k or so that I wasn't expecting before yesterday's game.

It's actually worked out really well. Have 2 home games following on from Sunday, both against BOT's. So will be able to rest everyone up if we win ready for the next round.

Last edited:
Desperately trying to cling on for a draw. If we can I reckon we can set a new record for weekly gate receipts, £1.55m so far.

End of Over 10 (1 run, 2b). ShrimperZone CC: 27-1, runrate=2.70 (1st Inn: 284-10)
Trail by 240 runs. (Freshbrook Fire 361-4 & 190-3)
Overs left today: 63
Knowlman 5-1-8-0
Mclean* 3 (25 balls)
Jaffar 7 (19 balls)

Last Wicket: Ahsamuddin c. Bidhooper b. Theakston 13 (FOW: 14/1)

We held out yesterday and had another £750k through the coffers so £2.3m for the week! Keeps the creditors at bay for a while.

Made it through in the cup but top billing against BBM this week and my NT will be missing. Franchise went out to a higher ranked team but away in FC this week so not bad timing.

Had a touch yesterday when my FC opponent suggested playing weakened bowlers for a draw in FC to save PFL. I was going to do it anyway in anticipation of losing and with a home game on Friday this is a real bonus. Still expecting to go down, the other four teams are just too strong but if I can do that with lots of draws the money should keep flowing and I can come back strong next season.

Through the Cup, the furthest I've ever been. Think my run might come to an end this week, as we're the 3rd lowest ranked side left in the comp.

BOT bashing in both forms this week, and we're top in of both Divs. Will definitely promote in FC, have a good chance as well in both OD and BT20.

Just noticed I've broken into the top 1000 (#989) in England as well :thumbsup:

Another cup win but another top ranked cup draw against the team that beat us to OD promotion last season. We both have an NT who will be missing however my batting is weak at the moment so I probably need to bring someone in. Prices are high at the moment though.

Mad week here, beat a sell up first game then had a last ball defeat followed by a one run win in the other games, in the latter they needed 29 from two and got 27! Joint top of the BPL so in contention, especially having already beaten the World #1 and #2.

We're now 6 out of 6. Took down one of the other 3 remaining undefeated teams by 2 runs last night.

We play the other 2 undefeated teams in the next 2 games. Win those and we're up as we only have BOT's left after that.

Frabchise are 6/6 as well. One other team is alos 6/6, and we play them in the next game.

Another last ball defeat in the cup (and had one in the SZFL as well!). A bit of a disaster with home games in FC and OD this week, though PFL was struggling anyway.

Big game today. Both undefeated, so will probably decide who will promote.

Looking dodgy at the moment, but we only need 1 wicket to be into the tail...

Bonymaen CC v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

Bonymaen CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: green

End of Over 29: 170-1, runrate=5.86, reqrunrate=5.48 (284-5)
Hessey 8-0-68-0
Coll* 89 (77 balls)
Sprenger 62 (69 balls)
Last Wicket: Westcarr b. Sawal 16 (FOW: 30/1)

Woo Hoo :smile:

Triple Promotion beckons.

Bonymaen CC v BATTY SHRIMPERS II

Bonymaen CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: green
And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS II won by 52 runs.
BATTY SHRIMPERS II 284-5
Bonymaen CC 232-10

5 successive competitive defeats and the fans have had enough:

Played a OD League match (11978466) and received £325,810 in gate receipts.

Will have to check when the last time our gates were that low!!

BATTY SHRIMPERS II v Tickton

Win tomorrow, and we'll win the division :smile:

BATTY SHRIMPERS II won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: cracked
And that's the end of the match. BATTY SHRIMPERS II won by 10 wickets.
Tickton 106-10
BATTY SHRIMPERS II 107-0

Cracking win against a team littered with NTs. My bats are enjoying BT20.

21/10/2014 (BT20) at Balis Batters
ShrimperZone CC 216-2
Balis Batters 189-5

Joint top with 4 to play, very similar NRR and we've played each other already.

Another win batting first. Sadly CSO won as well (chasing 26 from the final two overs) so still behind by 0.54 NRR.

Back