• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

serious question, is the trust (or SUISA) persuing this, ie. actively pressing the club for an answer on behalf of the fans?
I think most, if not all, of us believe the club will not be able to continue long term (under present ownership) as a professional club, unless a new stadium is built, surely then the representatives of the fans should be chasing for answers?

If the answer is, "Ron is not telling", then what about the promised position on the board? surely board members would be privy to info?

Again, the current situation is we are waiting for the result of the Sainsbury review.

That is the answer the club will give whoever asks.

Im always up for the Trust to get involved, but we already know the current situation.

The footfall at the moment pretty much comes from SUFC matches, which probably occur 35 times a year. If RH is demolished and flats built, the footfall will be far, far greater and every day, not just on match days. It will make for a steadier customer flow rather than periods of high concentration and a lot of the time pretty quiet.

Who knows, Ron's silence could mean anything, good or bad. He may be actively persuing offers to buy him out which could explain why he's said nothing about the stadium or anything else lately. As others have said all we can do is support the team & wait & see what happens, although I completely understand why people are frustrated (I'm one of them) and want to discuss the situation & possible outcomes. I think if you cant bring up your concerns on here where can you do it? I'm sure this won't be the last thread on the subject.

PRECISELY THAT! Until we do know something, what's the point of discussing the ifs, buts and maybes of the situation.

The brewery that owns the Spread wouldn't have spent over £300k on a refurb if it hadn't done its research about its future footfall....

That is all.

The footfall at the moment pretty much comes from SUFC matches, which probably occur 35 times a year. If RH is demolished and flats built, the footfall will be far, far greater and every day, not just on match days. It will make for a steadier customer flow rather than periods of high concentration and a lot of the time pretty quiet.

Sorry, double post, this was meant to include the quote as above.

Not me mate, I will change my user name by deed poll to Fossettsfarmveryveryoldbloke. It's got a certain ring to it, don't you think?:smile:

Internet would have closed by then, it will be like Ceefax is to us, so probably nothing to worry about.

Why do we want to move , now we have our names under our seats .:smile:

Why?

I can tell you now, that will not be the case.

There will be plenty of individuals/groups ready to step in.

Agreed. Perversely, the best thing that could happen in the current situation is for FF to be dead in the water, effectively forcing RM's hand into selling the Club for a peppercorn amount, leaving a backer with genuine capital to pay off the debt and get us back on track before re-planning for a modest new stadium development...

Agreed. Perversely, the best thing that could happen in the current situation is for FF to be dead in the water, effectively forcing RM's hand into selling the Club for a peppercorn amount, leaving a backer with genuine capital to pay off the debt and get us back on track before re-planning for a modest new stadium development...

Hurrah.
Finally someone is on my wavelength! :happy::clap:

Spot on sir.....

Hurrah.
Finally someone is on my wavelength! :happy::clap:

An even better thing would be for any prospective new owners to be genuine Southend fans whose love for the Club hasn't been forced through the failure of a temporary business arrangement, rather like RM's adoption of the Chairmanship...

A proportion of fan ownership or board representation is also critical IMHO.

At today's prices you could deliver a fantastic new 15,000 seater stadium with all the revenue-generating capabilities we currently lack at RH for around 30% of the likely cost of the FF fantasy Ron can't borrow enough to deliver...

An even better thing would be for any prospective new owners to be genuine Southend fans whose love for the Club hasn't been forced through the failure of a temporary business arrangement, rather like RM's adoption of the Chairmanship...

A proportion of fan ownership or board representation is also critical IMHO.

At today's prices you could deliver a fantastic new 15,000 seater stadium with all the revenue-generating capabilities we currently lack at RH for around 30% of the likely cost of the FF fantasy Ron can't borrow enough to deliver...

Sherif for Chairman :Worthy:

Bye Ron :moon:

I think we have to accept that Ron world is dead in the water. It's been 8 odd years since planning and we are nowhere near starting.

What angers me most is Ron's continual bull shlit about a start in spring etc knowing full well it's a lie.

People are means tested prior to buying a club. How about means testing those already running a club so we can sack this clown off once and for all.

Just for some perspective on the costs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keepmoat_Stadium
The Keepmoat Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Doncaster, England, with a capacity of 15,231. It cost approximately £20 million to construct, as part of the wider complex it resides within which in total cost approximately £32 million, and is mainly used by Doncaster Rovers, but is also used by Doncaster Rugby League Club and Doncaster Rovers Belles Ladies Football Club.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Assuming the 3,000 season ticket fan base sitcks their hand in their pocket, thats a rough cost of 8,300 per person for a 25 mil cost stadium, thats of course not including buying RM or Sainsburys current debt as well.

Col U's place for 10k was just over 14 mil

So whoever is going to get involved needs very deep pockets

Back