• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Commenting on things is one thing, but surely they should be at least on here to view.

How else would they find out that we all want Jason Williams to start?:smile:

I know internet forums arent everyone's cup of tea but for someone to be that invovled with the supporters and to not come on here is a bit strange.

They're all on instagram and snapchat. VB Forums are so 2003.

Why aren't the committee meetings minuted and published (at least for members)?

Naps - I know it has been mentioned before somewhere, so excuse my ignorance, but when is there likely to be an up-to-date list of the Trust board published?

As I mentioned in our last post responses would be few and far between due to current personal circumstances.

I and others have been following this thread and have taken on board the comments made.

These issues will now be discussed at our next Committee Meeting on Monday, and the whole thread will be printed out and sent to all committee members prior to the meeting so they will all have the details to hand.

A full response including any actions we will be taking will be posted sometime after the meeting, but please do not expect it within minutes of the meeting finishing - patience is a virtue.

Just to clarify a couple of points though.

An updated list of Committee Members will hopefully be online sometime next week.

Committee Meeting Minutes have been published in the Members Area of the Trust Website since January 2009.

Supporters Direct are not a toothless organisation as one poster on here has alluded to.

And our meeting on Monday will not be a SZ bashing exercise, as that same poster alludes to.

Thank you for your patience.

Trusts often struggle getting the balance right between helping and not hindering and challenging in a purposeful way on behalf of supporters. This balance got out of kilter at Gillingham , where the supporters club were a quite voiciferous lot, strongly on the side of the supporter but still aiding the club in as many respects as possible. The trouble was Mr.Scally wanted their domain name and it wasnt to be easily given up. So he banned their key members from home games , rebranded and emasculated them. eventually obtained the domain name and now they are much more roll over and tickle my belly types. Kent Cricket club did something similar in taking over and setting up the equivalent of their own supporters forum on their web site, which instantly came under the wings of the thought police and also became as dull as dishwater!

Naps - I know it has been mentioned before somewhere, so excuse my ignorance, but when is there likely to be an up-to-date list of the Trust board published?

oooh, I don't know. The Board is separate to the committee for starters. Maybe the Trust specifically can get back to you on that.

As I mentioned in our last post responses would be few and far between due to current personal circumstances.

I and others have been following this thread and have taken on board the comments made.

These issues will now be discussed at our next Committee Meeting on Monday, and the whole thread will be printed out and sent to all committee members prior to the meeting so they will all have the details to hand.

A full response including any actions we will be taking will be posted sometime after the meeting, but please do not expect it within minutes of the meeting finishing - patience is a virtue.

Just to clarify a couple of points though.

An updated list of Committee Members will hopefully be online sometime next week.

Committee Meeting Minutes have been published in the Members Area of the Trust Website since January 2009.

Supporters Direct are not a toothless organisation as one poster on here has alluded to.

And our meeting on Monday will not be a SZ bashing exercise, as that same poster alludes to.

Thank you for your patience.

In my opinion they are toothless (but the trust are the trust so they must be right)

And every other time it has been Paul so why will this one be any different?

At least this thread has forced the issue even if it has come out like a wooden out of touch response one could have predicted

In my opinion they are toothless (but the trust are the trust so they must be right)

At least this thread has forced the issue even if it has come out like a wooden out of touch response one could have predicted

And one final thing, this is one of the reasons why the Trust very rarely post on SZ, everything we post is always pulled apart to the nth degree, even if it doesn't warrant it.

Scott if you really do believe SD are toothless why not contact all the Clubs that they have helped saved from oblivion in recent years.

And as always Scott, we can predict your wooden out of touch responses to anything we post.

popcorn_mj.gif

Well I'm grateful for the update from the Trust, it's a thankless task it seems to me and I'm very glad there are fans that will do it.

How would you give them teeth? I just don't see what power they have to do anything different

Last edited:
And one final thing, this is one of the reasons why the Trust very rarely post on SZ, everything we post is always pulled apart to the nth degree, even if it doesn't warrant it.

Scott if you really do believe SD are toothless why not contact all the Clubs that they have helped saved from oblivion in recent years.

And as always Scott, we can predict your wooden out of touch responses to anything we post.

Well I'm grateful for the update from the Trust, it's a thankless task it seems to me and I'm very glad there are fans that will do it.

As am I, particularly with the response to Scott. There's no point bleating about their attitude to ShrimperZone if you're going to pile into them the moment they DO try to engage.

Nothing like some poop-slinging on a Friday afternoon. The ST 'statement' to Scott is hilarious!

For me, it IS out of touch although, much as I'm arguing for full engagement (not necessarily full disclosure) as the right thing to do, I can also see why the Trust might not wish to get involved like this with its current resources. Do it badly or go about it half-cocked and it could cause more harm than good.

And this is exactly what they are doing.

As am I, particularly with the response to Scott. There's no point bleating about their attitude to ShrimperZone if you're going to pile into them the moment they DO try to engage.

Don't get me wrong it's good to see the trust getting stuck into the debate but what's the point if the trust have little interest in debating it through these channels, if this is something that will change then massive thumbs up to that

How would you give them teeth? I just don't see what power they have to do anything different

There in lies the problem in itself that's my opinion of SD anyway but as per usual the trust can't handle anybody who does not toe the line rather then engage why it's just you are wrong go away we are the trust

And you wonder why the real reason people like Chris Berry and Trevor Bashford walked!

And why people felt the need to create SUISSA, maybe if the trust listened for a change then they could have even more of an impact

Back