• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well that's messed up the hair!

bm0mPRV.jpg

The joy on Phil Brown's face there! :hilarious:

Caption contest time?

I get the point being made and the amount of money raised is fantastic but I wonder just how many people on Facebook who are happily tipping buckets of water over their heads are actually donating to the charity. I have already told people not to nominate me as I'm not doing it although I will make a donation to the cause.

I can only speak for myself and my wife. We were both nominated by different people at about the same time. I decided to do it, and my wife tried to get out of it, until I explained that ALS is actually MND in this country.

My father in law died of MND and I can tell you it was heartbreaking watching him deteriorate. He went from being the youngest 70 year old I had ever met to being the oldest 75 year old I have ever met.

When I told my wife that, not only did she completely and utterly change her mind, she and I both donated.

I can only speak for myself and my wife. We were both nominated by different people at about the same time. I decided to do it, and my wife tried to get out of it, until I explained that ALS is actually MND in this country.

My father in law died of MND and I can tell you it was heartbreaking watching him deteriorate. He went from being the youngest 70 year old I had ever met to being the oldest 75 year old I have ever met.

When I told my wife that, not only did she completely and utterly change her mind, she and I both donated.

Are ALS and MND connected as a research unit? Will the money that goes to the US for ALS help those MND sufferers in the UK? I'd hate to think we are sending money to the US and there isn't enough funding in the UK for research

Are ALS and MND connected as a research unit? Will the money that goes to the US for ALS help those MND sufferers in the UK? I'd hate to think we are sending money to the US and there isn't enough funding in the UK for research

I think they are separate, although you can donate to both as they are both doing the Ice Bucket Challenge. Can donate below as well.

http://www.mndassociation.org/

Think if we had auctioned the right to be the one pouring the iced water over Uncle Ron's head, what we could have achieved? Enough to build a new stadium?

Think if we had auctioned the right to be the one pouring the iced water over Uncle Ron's head, what we could have achieved? Enough to build a new stadium?

Should have sold tickets too, would have been a sell out!

Back