• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you get Di Maria, RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Mata, Herrera, Blind in the same team?

Actually looking forward to seeing what team United play on Sunday my XI (everyone fully fit) if he sticks to the 352 would be

-------De Gea
-------Jones Evans Rojo
Rafael------Blind---------Shaw
-------Di Maria Rooney
----------RVP, Falcao

Personally though I wouldnt even play the 352 with squad he has and go

de gea
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
Herrera Blind Di Maria
Rooney
Falcao RVP

Hopefully his goalscoring record will also improve.

"Welbeck scored 29 goals in 142 appearances for United."

Did he ever really play as a number 9 at OT?

I thought his second England goal was taken in Henry type fashion, and look how poor he was as a wide player.

Not me mate.On swallow.... and all that.:winking:

Do you mean "one swallow" instead of "on swallow"?*

Even if you do, against Switzerland you had to swallow humble pie not once but twice.

*There must be someone in Barcelona who can offer you English tuition.

Di Maria was like a man playing against boys yesterday. Only QPR, but ****ing hell he is so quality. Suddenly United look big and strong and quick. They won't play teams much worse than QPR, but going forward they're going to be dangerous. That pass Di Maria made for RVPs volley seemed to defy physics - how he got so much pace on it with just a flick:nope:

Funny how there was a load of derision among the English press for Madrid fans kicking off about the sale of Di Maria, only now that seems to have dissipated with Madrid unable to grab hold of the derby on Saturday and Di Maria absolutely running the show yesterday. Seemed to tire towards the end of the game, knocked a few wayward passes before going down with cramp, but his manipulation of the football is ridiculous. That disguised inside pass for Rooney in the build-up to the second was just ridiculous.

One of the coaches I follow on Twitter was saying how it's ridiculous how many good dribblers come out of Rosario. As well as Di Maria and the obvious example of Messi, Batistuta's also from Rosario as well as a host of other renowned dribblers. He was saying how it stems from how players in the city are often exposed to playing on several different surfaces, be it grass, rubble or dirt, and have to get accustomed to the ball moving unnaturally and bobbling all over the place.

Do you mean "one swallow" instead of "on swallow"?*

Even if you do, against Switzerland you had to swallow humble pie not once but twice.

*There must be someone in Barcelona who can offer you English tuition.

Ha! Thought I was still a bit "tired and emotional" last night.

Let's see how well England do in France 2016, to answer your second point.

Wonder how LVG feels right now after Welbeck dumps his team out of the cup.

Probably glad he only has Falcao on loan as it would of been an even bigger kick in the bollocks if he paid all that money for him. It's mental how much that team is struggling without Sir Alex at the helm.

You're witnessing now just how much of a genius SAF was.

I think you're witnessing what happens when SAF signs up and builds a squad that wants to play for him, and then he leaves.

All clubs have a transitional phase when a manager (especially a long-standing one) leaves. However SAF didn't leave a young squad ready for Moyes, he left an old squad with big personalities and little in the way of top quality youth coming through. United also panicked when signing players like Fellaini (above his release clause) and Mata.

Seems strange to me that despite all the expensive talent at OT, their best attacking option last night was hoof it long to Fellaini and play for knock downs.

Di Maira diving was ridiculous. Ashley Young still dives as well as he ever has and why would Januzaj go down when he was past the defender and running towards goal?

No wonder the OT faithful are getting fed up.

Back