• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do only goals from open play count then ?

Yet we still beat Stanley and got a point at Carlise. 4 points from 2 away games is all that matters and is a good return. Still lets use some stats to try to make them look like bad results.

We will revisit this !

If I am wrong and we score plenty I will be happy.

Phil's game plan is about not conceding and hopefully nicking 1 at the other end.You say our form will mathematically get us promoted yet we are not even in the auto places so your point is confused.

This division demands more than clinging on to slender leads as we found out last season.

As usual you ignore anything that doesn't fit your view. No one is confused except you. 7 points from 4 games over the course of a season wound get us promoted. You said you would reconsider if proved to be wrong. The maths proves you wrong, where is the confusion? Oh and you ignored my second question

As usual you ignore anything that doesn't fit your view. No one is confused except you. 7 points from 4 games over the course of a season wound get us promoted. You said you would reconsider if proved to be wrong. The maths proves you wrong, where is the confusion? Oh and you ignored my second question

If the above 7 clubs continue in their winning ways we would not even make the play offs that is a fact,Take nothing for granted as we discovered under Sturrock when his team amassed an astonishing points tally and still missed the autos.

Just for you using your method

Morecambe 138 points
Pompey. 115
Chelt. 115
Burt. 115

Southend finish 8 th on 81 points !

Highly unlikely I know yet you assume under our current points average we will be promoted..Your wrong.

Phil's game plan is about not conceding and hopefully nicking 1 at the other end.You say our form will mathematically get us promoted yet we are not even in the auto places so your point is confused.

This division demands more than clinging on to slender leads as we found out last season.

You haven't watched the same games as me then. We have been very attacking in all our games. We have had countless chances. The problem in the games we have dropped points so far is that we have not put away our chances.

Its far too early to talk about how our season will unfold anyway at the moment. The season we went up from this division under Tilson we were bottom of the table at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for you using your method

Morecambe 138 points
Pompey. 115
Chelt. 115
Burt. 115

Southend finish 8 th on 81 points !

Highly unlikely I know yet you assume under our current points average we will be promoted..Your wrong.

Are you being serious?
7 points from 4 games pro-rated over the course of a season would have gained automatic promotion in 3 of the last 4 years- not an opinion, a statement of record. I really don't understand why you refuse to acknowledge this (except of course that it goes against your view that we don't score enough goals). There is no point discussing with you because as usual you misunderstand/ refuse to understand / take out of context- I have no idea which so I wont bother

I

Are you being serious?
7 points from 4 games pro-rated over the course of a season would have gained automatic promotion in 3 of the last 4 years- not an opinion, a statement of record. I really don't understand why you refuse to acknowledge this (except of course that it goes against your view that we don't score enough goals). There is no point discussing with you because as usual you misunderstand/ refuse to understand / take out of context- I have no idea which so I wont bother

I

You won't bother yet you bothered to post the above haha.

This thread is **** from the daft, semi insulting title, to some of the crazy postings.
4 games!!!!!
2 wins, a draw and a single goal loss.
Bonkers, truly bonkers!
The chances are being made, the games are entertaining, the team spirit is obvious, the players are as fit as a Shrimper squad has ever been.
Please, please support the lads with all you have rather than knocking their efforts.

This thread is **** from the daft, semi insulting title, to some of the crazy postings.
4 games!!!!!
2 wins, a draw and a single goal loss.
Bonkers, truly bonkers!
The chances are being made, the games are entertaining, the team spirit is obvious, the players are as fit as a Shrimper squad has ever been.
Please, please support the lads with all you have rather than knocking their efforts.

Tremendous post. Give that man some green! :thumbsup:

7 points from 5 games leaves us lower mid table so your take on events is blinkered at the very best!

Back