• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen

Recently moved to the area and looking to go to my first game - wondering where the best place to sit is and whereabouts to go for beers before the game. Would welcome any suggestions

Welcome.

At the ground I would say the best view is the South Upper and the best stand fot atmosphere is the west stand.

Drinks wise the bulk of fans either use the spread eagle or the railway.

Enjoy

Best view for the whole match is probably the east stand which is the main stand. South upper is a good view of that end of the ground but no so great down the far end and definately avoid the back row and front row if your my than 5ft tall. If you like a crafty half time smoke and fancy a few beers in the ground and a sing song then the west is for you. Spread eagle is decent before the game.

Best view for the whole match is probably the east stand which is the main stand. South upper is a good view of that end of the ground but no so great down the far end and definately avoid the back row and front row if your my than 5ft tall. If you like a crafty half time smoke and fancy a few beers in the ground and a sing song then the west is for you. Spread eagle is decent before the game.

Now as a regular East Stander, that is a fair comment

If you have long legs though don't even think of going in the East!

Simple really, West is best! :smile:

Also, at the ground, are the Shrimpers Bar and the Far Post, both accessed from the top car park, the Far Post via the walkway and the Shrimpers by going down the steps to the side of it.

South Upper (if you can avoid a seat with a pillar in front of you) has to be one of the best views in English football with how close it is to the pitch.

Why anyone would choose to sit anywhere other than the West stand is a mystery that even Fox Mulder couldn't fathom.

If you have long legs though don't even think of going in the East!

Simple really, West is best! :smile:

Also, at the ground, are the Shrimpers Bar and the Far Post, both accessed from the top car park, the Far Post via the walkway and the Shrimpers by going down the steps to the side of it.

Go back row of east and you can stand all game, that's the answer:thumbsup:

Try and get into the directors box, ring up a bloke called Ron Martin at the club and say you would like to discuss investing a substantial sum in a new stadium complex at the next home game, bet you get a complimentary ticket :winking:

appreciate all the feedback! cant wait to don my tracksuit and get involved...

East stand row G. The wall keeps the wind off you and there's somewhere to stand your coffee cup.

But hey- why worry, the new stadium is....er....um...

Sit next to Ron , it would be nice for him to tell someone who has just moved in to the area and might not know about the new ground .

Start with a couple of pints in The Railway, then 2 in The Spread Eagle, 2 in The Shrimpers Bar then into the East Stan (which gives the best views overall)and two more pints in The Far Post. We play our best football when seen through Beer Goggles :hilarious:

Back