• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Start with a couple of pints in The Railway, then 2 in The Spread Eagle, 2 in The Shrimpers Bar then into the East Stan (which gives the best views overall)and two more pints in The Far Post. We play our best football when seen through Beer Goggles :hilarious:

Is that why the east stand is so quiet? Everyone is drunk?

The East stand isn't quiet, i've heard some very loud tutting on numerous occasions

My walking stick fell down the over day and caused quite a clatter against the wooden steps ......... I was quite embarassed. Steward came towards me and I thought I was going to be thrown out for making a noise .....
blush%20new%20sept%202010.gif

Depends how you like to see the game. I've always preferred an end on view hence why I've always stood in the North Bank or sat in the South Upper. Good view from the South Upper with not too many restrictive view seats. From what I know of the East stand from friendlies, horrible seats, no leg room (even I struggle) and plenty of restricted view seats. Only sat in the West once and wasn't overly keen.

I once sneezed in the East Stand and four people had to be hospitalised from the shock of the noise!

For pre match drinks then go to the Railway. At the ground then it depends what you prefer. For the best view go South Upper, for atmosphere and a sing-song go to the west......and if you like Werthers original and moaning then sit in the East ;-)

Recently moved to the area and looking to go to my first game - wondering where the best place to sit is and whereabouts to go for beers before the game. Would welcome any suggestions

Dont do it! You will become attictive and it will ruin your life like it has done for many over the years.

If you like drums and good rhythm avoid West V & W blocks :smile:

If you do see Wiggy tell him/her we play in blue

Save sampling the ground catering. Bring a cardboard box and eat for better nutrition.

As a newbie you should sit in the middle of a row and leave the seat 5 mins before half time, half way through second half for a pee and 5 mins before the end.

Back