• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Q1 Who was the last left-footed goalkeeper to play for Southend?

Q2 What was the last year the home kit contained no blue?

I don't know the answers, if you do, don't post them, let others ponder!

Left footed goalie - I would guess at the afro-carribean goalie who had a terrible kick anyway.

No blue? Stockings, shorts and top? No idea!

Reading the web, the historical football kit regarding SUFC has always had blue somewhere in the kit.

I don't know when (probably early 1900s) but I understood that we used to play in red and yellow hoops and had the nickname "The Beef And Mustards". I can't find any evidence of this on t'internet though.

Didn't we wear purple for a home match in the 2009/10 season?

Ian Joyce, Luke Daniels, Bart Griemink, Cameron Belford, Ryan Clarke, Glenn Morris, Rhys Evans, Luke Chambers, Adam Federici, Kelvin Jack, Steve Collis, Carl Emberson, Tes Bramble (v Boston!)

Were any of them left-footed?

Federici was left footed, as was Griemink if I remember correctly.

Back