• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown and the facts

Evening Echo

The News
I’VE been fact finding since Saturday’s game at Carlisle United in a bid for us to start getting the results our performances have deserved.

More...

One thing that intrigued me here was the need to make that dreadfully long journey to Carlisle by road. No wonder the team were "a bit leggy" as Phil puts it. Could they not have worked out a deal with Stobart Air to transport the team there and back from Southend Airport? I'm sure Stobart would have appreciated the publicity since they are hoping to start a Southend to Carlisle route in the future and negotiated a good price which even our broke club could have managed to pay (Carlisle is Stobart's base, of course). Surely its not beyond the talents of PR/marketing folk to discuss such a thing....?

'It isn’t always a good time to shoot, which might sound strange, but that’s something we’ve been trying to get across to the players this week.' The very point I have consistently made on here and which Hurst and leonard are particularly guilty of. They are talented but also very, very wasteful with many shots that should have been a pass. Come on PB, at least now you are opening your eyes.

One thing that intrigued me here was the need to make that dreadfully long journey to Carlisle by road. No wonder the team were "a bit leggy" as Phil puts it. Could they not have worked out a deal with Stobart Air to transport the team there and back from Southend Airport? I'm sure Stobart would have appreciated the publicity since they are hoping to start a Southend to Carlisle route in the future and negotiated a good price which even our broke club could have managed to pay (Carlisle is Stobart's base, of course). Surely its not beyond the talents of PR/marketing folk to discuss such a thing....?

Spot on good thinking, wonder if our marketing gurus considered this?

One of the most sensible and well thought out posts on this forum for a long time

Phil must have been doing some research and getting some tips from here too about training focus ? after 74 crosses, 56 shots only 16 on target. So this weeks focus in training..... scoring.....yeah!! . Good news we are passing more than last year and creating more chances. All we need is someone to score them. On all football stats 74 crosses should provide 7.4 goals alone, still Phil is on the case. Good too to see Payne have an outstanding game in the development squad and Jason Williams getting on the scorsheet

Interesting that the club are looking for a Full time marketing manager...

Probably got nothing to do with this,but what the hell? Maybe some joined up thinking with other local business isn't just a fan's pipe dream - maybe there is some business sense inside the Hall after all!

The club did it back in Webby's day in the season we were promoted to Division Two, they chartered a plane to fly down to Exeter. It was partly paid for by selling the spare seats on the plane to supporters, my father treated myself and my brother to the trip. We left at a reasonable hour from Southend airport, 9 IIRC, arrived in plenty of time at Exeter, had lunch with the players, match tickets and then drinks with the players after the game, flew back and we were in a restaurant for dinner by 8:45pm. It was my last away day with my Dad and I'll never forget it, believe it or not, my lasting memory of the day was standing at an adjacent urinal at Exeter airport to Webby discussing the various pros and cons of the day and the upcoming games; he, rightly, said, 'Don't worry, we'll beat Bury.....'

In fairness to the club, we Dont know if this was investigated or not

The club did it back in Webby's day in the season we were promoted to Division Two, they chartered a plane to fly down to Exeter. It was partly paid for by selling the spare seats on the plane to supporters, my father treated myself and my brother to the trip. We left at a reasonable hour from Southend airport, 9 IIRC, arrived in plenty of time at Exeter, had lunch with the players, match tickets and then drinks with the players after the game, flew back and we were in a restaurant for dinner by 8:45pm. It was my last away day with my Dad and I'll never forget it, believe it or not, my lasting memory of the day was standing at an adjacent urinal at Exeter airport to Webby discussing the various pros and cons of the day and the upcoming games; he, rightly, said, 'Don't worry, we'll beat Bury.....'

I recall flying to Speke airport (now John Lennon airport) with the Directors and supporters to watch us play Everton in the FA Cup. Had a meal in the Adelphi Hotel before the game and flew back and was back in Southend by around 7pm. It was a really weird sensation leaving Southend around 11am and arriving in Liverpool before 12 noon!

Interesting that the club are looking for a Full time marketing manager...

Probably got nothing to do with this,but what the hell? Maybe some joined up thinking with other local business isn't just a fan's pipe dream - maybe there is some business sense inside the Hall after all!

erm, there's always been someone in charge of marketing since the days of Colin Woolridge. Geoff King believe it or not was, back in 2005, considered a visionary by other clubs.

Back