• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jai

President ⭐
Hi all,

I've been involved in a conversation on Twitter where the Trust have informed me that the club say safe standing will not happen at Fossetts because of the design of the stadium. This is a cop out by the club as no decisions have been made over the design of possible safe standing areas, so in theory they could still be implemented.

I appreciate not everyone cares or has strong views on this issue but it's something AAS has been campaigning for, so if you do feel you'd like a choice to stand when (if) the new stadium is built, please hop over to http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk where we have an online poll running.

Total bollocks.

Immaterial anyway as the stadium is years away if at all.

Keep fighting the fight though chaps. :thumbsup:

Cheers. Will send out a letter to Steve Kavanagh this week which we'll publish (along with his response, if we get one) in next month's fanzine.

This is like debating whether the hotel on the moon is going to be a Holiday Inn or a Travelodge - the stadium's not going to happen so there's no point bothering about the types of seat that will be used.

Hi all,

I've been involved in a conversation on Twitter where the Trust have informed me that the club say safe standing will not happen at Fossetts because of the design of the stadium. This is a cop out by the club as no decisions have been made over the design of possible safe standing areas, so in theory they could still be implemented.

I appreciate not everyone cares or has strong views on this issue but it's something AAS has been campaigning for, so if you do feel you'd like a choice to stand when (if) the new stadium is built, please hop over to http://www.aas-fanzine.co.uk where we have an online poll running.

Good stuff, hopefully the club can be persuaded.

Not sure why it took AAS as opposed to the Trust to tell fans about this, seeing as it was the Trust who were in conversation with the club.

Just stand on the mound where the main stand should be, wont be any seats there.

Utter nonsense - the limited safe-standing options which have been showcased to UK clients like Celtic and Bristol City are simply a combined seat and safety rail unit which is installed to the pre-cast concrete riser in exactly the same way as a general admission tip-up seat.

I should know, as I've held the example from Bristol City in my own hands...

Just stand on the mound where the main stand should be, wont be any seats there.

With most of the 14000 seats empty why not take a tool kit and unbolt some seats then replace them after the game or alternatively stand where there are vast empty areas.:winking:

I should add, I'd happily assist any argument from the Trust's perspective, but the lack of common courtesy exhibited towards my offers of free assistance to the Club in the past (both SK and RM) have left me feeling somewhat bitter and largely apathetic about the entire scheme.

Safe standing would be a superb thing at the new stadium and it needs to be considered

Safe-standing systems as they currently are can be easily considered as a retro-fit solution with limited disruption.

The greater issue with safe standing as a concept is that there still exists no real buy in from the Premier League and therefore the Football Association. Without the FA giving the go-ahead, this debate is moot.

Safe-standing systems as they currently are can be easily considered as a retro-fit solution with limited disruption.

The greater issue with safe standing as a concept is that there still exists no real buy in from the Premier League and therefore the Football Association. Without the FA giving the go-ahead, this debate is moot.

For the time being it is. However, it's not like the new stadium will be completed tomorrow (or even in a decade). Momentum is growing for safe standing and the Lib Dems are planning to include it in their manifesto. Obviously the Lib Dems have reneged on their promises before, but the point is it has reached Westminster and there's only so long they can ignore the growing calls of fans. In a decade's time, I would be willing to be safe standing areas will be standard in new stadia.

For the time being it is. However, it's not like the new stadium will be completed tomorrow (or even in a decade). Momentum is growing for safe standing and the Lib Dems are planning to include it in their manifesto. Obviously the Lib Dems have reneged on their promises before, but the point is it has reached Westminster and there's only so long they can ignore the growing calls of fans. In a decade's time, I would be willing to be safe standing areas will be standard in new stadia.

Not arguing the scale of appetite for it - just the fact that, as yet, the footballing powers that matter have not, nor will they fully endorse a U-turn on the design requirements of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, which was the regulatory spawn of the Taylor Report.

This is exactly why I promoted the ability to retro-fit the system in lieu of tip-up seats.

Standing has always been safe without the fencing. The Taylor report should have just said," no fencing." Millions wasted. Nanny State !

Not quite as simple as that I'm afraid, but even as somebody working in the industry, I am convinced that the findings of the Taylor Report were transferred to legislation far too readily without real consideration for a happy medium between all-seater and terracing...

Back